Subject: Expansion? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My four kids love this game! I know it just came out but when can we start working on an expansion?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duarte
Portugal
Ponte de Lima
Ponte de Lima
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I want a water dino as well!! A little side boar to create a water pen and put a water dino

And more tiles to score the mutants, to make that strategy more viable, or tiles to specialize on one species.. Also more breaking news, VIP tiles and meeples, objectives maybe?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davis Stringer
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dna_Boy wrote:
Yes, I want a water dino as well!! A little side boar to create a water pen and put a water dino

And more tiles to score the mutants, to make that strategy more viable, or tiles to specialize on one species.. Also more breaking news, VIP tiles and meeples, objectives maybe?

I'm interested as well. There are some other classic species missing as well. But they probably shouldn't add much or it will water down the DNA deck even more and make finding matches harder.

As for a water dino it would probably be better to have it put in a water bio dome facility like situation. Perhaps it would have to be adjacent to the edge of the board.

A few new facilities.

Perhaps more manipulation cards could address the resulting too many DNA card issues.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Molina
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Adding some more rampage situations would be nice too. Could be optional cards. Maybe hidden in the DNA deck. If you draw one must be played immediately and results in a rampage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Keene
msg tools
designer
hmm.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davis Stringer
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KingJackalope wrote:
Adding some more rampage situations would be nice too. Could be optional cards. Maybe hidden in the DNA deck. If you draw one must be played immediately and results in a rampage.

Perhaps a reactionary card that allowed you to play it when another player places a dino meeple. The card would allow you on some pretext to cause the new dino to rampage. The question would be how and when would you burn a worker for it. Or would you have to? Maybe a die roll similar to DNA theft? But if you had to burn a worker to do it, where would it go?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Mavis
msg tools
lordnine wrote:
hmm.

Is that a confirmation? I know that card is in the game already but I had not read the flavor text before.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Molina
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
stevuscaticus wrote:
KingJackalope wrote:

Perhaps a reactionary card that allowed you to play it when another player places a dino meeple. The card would allow you on some pretext to cause the new dino to rampage. The question would be how and when would you burn a worker for it. Or would you have to? Maybe a die roll similar to DNA theft? But if you had to burn a worker to do it, where would it go?

Sure but with wild animals there isn't always a 'pretext' as to why an animal goes crazy. As Chris Rock said about the tiger incident in Las Vegas, "That tiger didn't go crazy, that tiger went tiger!" Sometimes a T-Rex might just go T-Rex for no particular reason.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Mavis
msg tools
JohnMavis wrote:
lordnine wrote:
hmm.

Is that a confirmation? I know that card is in the game already but I had not read the flavor text before.

So I just noticed something else. There is a page number hidden in that image! Page 26 in the rulebook. That can't be a coincidence.

Quote:
VP 80-99: You managed to keep the park running for
another Season but you have been forced to let most of
your workers go. Money is tight but you hope that things
will pick up in the spring. The good news is that you
have overheard that DinoGenics has something planned
that might bring new life to the industry; a new dig site
has been uncovered off the coast.

Do I win???
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Keene
msg tools
designer
JohnMavis wrote:

Do I win???

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George
United States
flag msg tools
badge
You can take my gameā€¦ when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the board!
Coastal Dig Site Ownership Contested
- Mentions a Site D!
- "Newcomer Intelligent Designs" == 6th player???

Biothesauri Plans To Open Prehistoric Gardens Exhibit.
- New facility? Or something more?

BlueSea Genetics Introduce the "Mimus Burger"
- Gallimimus? Suchomimus? Glyptodontopelta mimus? == New dinosaur?

New Life Finds a Way at Ntek
- Mentions therizinosaurus == New Dinosaur!

Looks like at a minimum new dinos and new facilities!!!

Wonder how Site D will work to add the new DNA without thinning the deck too much. Perhaps Site D will be dedicated to the new dinosaur types only. Will there be "Wild" DNA? DNA Conversion?

Can't wait to see!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Mavis
msg tools
lordnine wrote:
JohnMavis wrote:

Do I win???

That is awesome!

Coastal Dig site? Water dinosaurs?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lan lan
msg tools
mbmbmb
Sounds really interesting

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Stockdale
United States
Portland
Maine
flag msg tools
I sporadically review games...
badge
... It's a running kidney... Kidneys are kind of my profession...
mbmbmbmbmb
I certainly would love this and be in on it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.