Justin Smith
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good morning everbody.

So I pulled out Viticulture first thing this morning whilst the family were all still asleep. It's my go to solo game at the moment because it's so quick to play and, let's face it, brilliantly designed and balanced.

When looking at my player board, I could barely see the pictures of the buildings. That's funny, I thought, I don't remember them being so difficult to see? Oh they're green. That's funny, I don't remember them being green?

So I pulled another player board out of the box and, lo and behold, THE SIX BOARDS ALL HAVE BUILDING COLOURS MATCHING THE SIX PLAYER COLOURS!!!!!!

Now, you might be thinking, yes they do. First thing I noticed. So £*%$ing what? But please bear in mind...

1) I have only ever played this game solo (apart from one time with the missus - she didn't enjoy it. Philistine),
2) I tend to play at the crack of the dawn - nobody's really together then are they?
3) I must have played this game about 50 times by now,
4) I am very, very easily pleased.

Also, I REFUSE to believe that I am the only person on the planet who has never noticed this.

So to all the Viticulture fans who haven't yet spotted what is yet another example of great attention to detail by Jamey and pals, pull out your copies, see for yourself, and prepare for your weekend to be made!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Burgess
United Kingdom
Chichester
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I love it when someone gets super excited about a really small thing they’d never noticed before. It’s a lovely show of enthusiasm
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcel Stipetic
Greece
Kalyvia/Lagonissi
Attika
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you pulling my leg? I'll have to look into this the next time I open the box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Smith
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mattpburgess wrote:
I love it when someone gets super excited about a really small thing they’d never noticed before. It’s a lovely show of enthusiasm

This aint no small thing Matthew
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Smith
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Poisonguy wrote:
Are you pulling my leg? I'll have to look into this the next time I open the box.

Not messing with you - open up the box and be prepared to be blown away Marcel
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King Maple
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A lot of games have player boards in the color of player colors, yes this is one of them. Happy to see you're so excited about it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Rodeheaver
United States
North Port
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just ran to my Viticulture Box, opened it, and...

face-palm...

I have never played solo, and I have never noticed this detail. So many games with miss-matched player boards!

It all stops here! Thanks to you Justin... thanks to you...

Seriously.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos Martinez
United States
Arlington
Va
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
It took us a few months and many plays before we noticed it too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Ataei
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
Color me shocked! It took a few plays for me to realize this as well!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Mcgamin

Arizona
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is why I always take white, it's easier to see.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Smith
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JesseRR wrote:
I just ran to my Viticulture Box, opened it, and...

face-palm...

I have never played solo, and I have never noticed this detail. So many games with miss-matched player boards!

It all stops here! Thanks to you Justin... thanks to you...

Seriously.

Ruined it for you - apologies Jesse!

Please for gods sake don't check your Scythe player boards - you'll get quite a shock

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I’ve played this game almost 150 times and haven’t noticed. Until someone checks I’ll claim that there’s no color difference in the first edition I have .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Toni Serrano
Spain
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Stinboy wrote:
Good morning everbody.

So I pulled out Viticulture first thing this morning whilst the family were all still asleep. It's my go to solo game at the moment because it's so quick to play and, let's face it, brilliantly designed and balanced.

When looking at my player board, I could barely see the pictures of the buildings. That's funny, I thought, I don't remember them being so difficult to see? Oh they're green. That's funny, I don't remember them being green?

So I pulled another player board out of the box and, lo and behold, THE SIX BOARDS ALL HAVE BUILDING COLOURS MATCHING THE SIX PLAYER COLOURS!!!!!!

Now, you might be thinking, yes they do. First thing I noticed. So £*%$ing what? But please bear in mind...

1) I have only ever played this game solo (apart from one time with the missus - she didn't enjoy it. Philistine),
2) I tend to play at the crack of the dawn - nobody's really together then are they?
3) I must have played this game about 50 times by now,
4) I am very, very easily pleased.

Also, I REFUSE to believe that I am the only person on the planet who has never noticed this.

So to all the Viticulture fans who haven't yet spotted what is yet another example of great attention to detail by Jamey and pals, pull out your copies, see for yourself, and prepare for your weekend to be made!

Couldn’t believe it, so went to check my viticulture EE .... and yesssss! You made my day!

Thanks!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Korson
United States
Galloway
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
You don't really want to do that. . .
mbmbmbmbmb
Ha! I've noticed this before, although I've never really paid attention as to whether each player is using the player board that corresponds with his or her color.

Another example of the care and attention to detail that Stonemaier Games puts into its products. What a great company!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Molokov (AU)
Australia
Adelaide
South Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mortenmdk wrote:
I’ve played this game almost 150 times and haven’t noticed. Until someone checks I’ll claim that there’s no color difference in the first edition I have .

Pretty certain it's not in the first edition - I definitely remember being surprised at the player colours of the structures on the board after playing the 2nd edition a few times (prior to this, we'd done some Tuscany playtesting with the 1st edition boards).

So yeah, I think these are in 2nd edition onwards
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Smith
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mortenmdk wrote:

So then Morten I can quite happily claim that I knew this a full 8 hours before one of the design team

Go me!

ps can i have a job?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Smith
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Caixaa wrote:

Couldn’t believe it, so went to check my viticulture EE .... and yesssss! You made my day!

Thanks!!!

My work here is done Toni
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Fell
United States
East Patchogue
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is why I luv BGG.cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Farnan
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bravo on this discovery! Played a number of times and never noticed!
Good excuse to get it out again for a game just to show that off
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Small Axe
United States
Aurora
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmb
Wowsers!! I've only played this game about 5 times, but never noticed this till you drew my attention to it. And yeah!! I think it's worthy of a little excitement!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I appreciate the excitement about this little detail. Recently I contemplated doing something like this with my civ game, but I decided against it for a publishing reason. The reason is that we get a lot of replacement parts requests for missing/broken components, and it's easier to fulfill parts that don't have tiny details that the person might forget to mention on our replacement parts form (which requires correspondence from my helpers, which slows them down). But it seemed like a fun thing to do for Viticulture--I think it looks better than a bunch of uniform gray building icons.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Stinboy wrote:
mortenmdk wrote:

So then Morten I can quite happily claim that I knew this a full 8 hours before one of the design team

Go me!

ps can i have a job?

So, you want a job because you made me look bad in public? Interesting strategy .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Molokov wrote:
mortenmdk wrote:

Pretty certain it's not in the first edition - I definitely remember being surprised at the player colours of the structures on the board after playing the 2nd edition a few times (prior to this, we'd done some Tuscany playtesting with the 1st edition boards).

So yeah, I think these are in 2nd edition onwards

Thanks.

Just realized, though, that many of my plays were using the second edition .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Ataei
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
mortenmdk wrote:
Stinboy wrote:
mortenmdk wrote:

Go me!

ps can i have a job?

So, you want a job because you made me look bad in public? Interesting strategy .

Yeah, do what I do... make him look bad in private and get named lead playtester in Gaia Project and Rise of Fenris.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Henderson
United States
California
flag msg tools
My wife just noticed this today in our third playthrough. I love the game, but I actually find the hard to see player board colors to be a bit of a turnoff artistically. I'd like for them to either be generic or to be much more obvious as to what player color it is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.