Perry Tarantine
United States
Altoona
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OMG we just played last night and have never noticed this!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JamesWolfpacker wrote:
mortenmdk wrote:
Stinboy wrote:
mortenmdk wrote:
I’ve played this game almost 150 times and haven’t noticed. Until someone checks I’ll claim that there’s no color difference in the first edition I have .

So then Morten I can quite happily claim that I knew this a full 8 hours before one of the design team

Go me!

ps can i have a job?

So, you want a job because you made me look bad in public? Interesting strategy .

Yeah, do what I do... make him look bad in private and get named lead playtester in Gaia Project and Rise of Fenris.

It occurred to me that my comment could be misunderstood, so just to make sure that I'm clear. Pointing out a mistake I've made whether in private or public is a good way to make me want to work with you (assuming you're not being a jerk about ). I need people who spot my mistakes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Smith
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mortenmdk wrote:
JamesWolfpacker wrote:
mortenmdk wrote:
Stinboy wrote:
mortenmdk wrote:
I’ve played this game almost 150 times and haven’t noticed. Until someone checks I’ll claim that there’s no color difference in the first edition I have .

So then Morten I can quite happily claim that I knew this a full 8 hours before one of the design team

Go me!

ps can i have a job?

So, you want a job because you made me look bad in public? Interesting strategy .

Yeah, do what I do... make him look bad in private and get named lead playtester in Gaia Project and Rise of Fenris.

It occurred to me that my comment could be misunderstood, so just to make sure that I'm clear. Pointing out a mistake I've made whether in private or public is a good way to make me want to work with you (assuming you're not being a jerk about ). I need people who spot my mistakes.

Don't worry Morten - I took it as was intended

(he says with tears in his eyes)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Smith
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jameystegmaier wrote:
I appreciate the excitement about this little detail. Recently I contemplated doing something like this with my civ game, but I decided against it for a publishing reason. The reason is that we get a lot of replacement parts requests for missing/broken components, and it's easier to fulfill parts that don't have tiny details that the person might forget to mention on our replacement parts form (which requires correspondence from my helpers, which slows them down). But it seemed like a fun thing to do for Viticulture--I think it looks better than a bunch of uniform gray building icons.

I love the little things in life Jamey. For me, the hobby in general is escapism from the real world (i.e. being an adult and having responsibilities) and my real world genuinely doesn't let me embrace things like this, so when I get the chance to I grab it with both hands.

In all seriousness, thanks to you, Alan and Morten for creating such a great game. I have just picked up Scythe on the strength of it and, well, oh my.......
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Smith
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ohmygato wrote:
My wife just noticed this today in our third playthrough. I love the game, but I actually find the hard to see player board colors to be a bit of a turnoff artistically. I'd like for them to either be generic or to be much more obvious as to what player color it is.

Yeah I see what you're saying but, without wanting to come across as snarky, it's just the green that's a bit tricky I think? Plus give it a couple more plays and you'll know what a trellis looks like

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Specht
United States
Downers Grove
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I actually pulled out the box, looked at the artwork of the buildings and thought "Hmm, that must have been only in other editions" but kept looking and found it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Henderson
United States
California
flag msg tools
Stinboy wrote:
Yeah I see what you're saying but, without wanting to come across as snarky, it's just the green that's a bit tricky I think?

To clarify, this is actually not what I'm saying. Surprisingly now that I think about it we haven't played as green yet. I'm seeing a problem of scale, not of contrast; The total area of the player colors is tiny relative to the rest of the game so the different player colors appear artistically and thus thematically disconnected from the game to my eyes. In fact now that I look at it again the player boards actually seem too small. The field cards are covering some of the critical structure text and icons (or maybe the field cards are supposed to tuck under the player board?). I think if the player boards were slightly larger that would increase the total available space for the player colors and thus make the player colors more balanced spatially relative to the whole game.

I'm totally nitpicking here as I love the game and the art but I do actually think this could be improved.

(For reference, I'm playing the Essential Edition.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Williams
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JesseRR wrote:
I just ran to my Viticulture Box, opened it, and...

face-palm...

I have never played solo, and I have never noticed this detail. So many games with miss-matched player boards!

It all stops here! Thanks to you Justin... thanks to you...

Seriously.

I've literally never noticed this either! Though I do only tend to play with my wife, but how is it possible?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary G
United States
New London
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
jameystegmaier wrote:
Recently I contemplated doing something like this with my civ game

surprisesurprisesurprisesurprisesurprisesurprisesurprisesurprisesurprisesurprisesurprisesurprisesurprisesurprisesurprisesurprisesurprisesurprisesurprisesurprisesurprisesurprise

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Walker
United States
Bolingbroke
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JesseRR wrote:
I just ran to my Viticulture Box, opened it, and...

face-palm...

I have never played solo, and I have never noticed this detail. So many games with miss-matched player boards!

It all stops here! Thanks to you Justin... thanks to you...

Seriously.

I did the exact same thing. I never noticed this. Now I cannot unsee it.
Makes me want to pull out all my games and just stare at them trying to see things i’ve utterly overlooked.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Pye
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
These are the best, in case you haven't seen them before...

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1602280/list-easter-eggs

https://www.ungeek.ph/2016/12/bet-you-didnt-find-these-aweso...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guillaume Pages
United Kingdom
Oxford
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Stinboy wrote:
Good morning everbody.

Also, I REFUSE to believe that I am the only person on the planet who has never noticed this.

So to all the Viticulture fans who haven't yet spotted what is yet another example of great attention to detail by Jamey and pals, pull out your copies, see for yourself, and prepare for your weekend to be made!

Well damn! I have never noticed it, and I mostly play it solo too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Davis
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had never noticed this, having played 20+ times or so. Then one day my son asked if he could play, having never played before. So I set up the game and handed him a player board. He then said I gave him the wrong one, and I was confused. He then pointed out that I had given him the wrong color and pointed to the player board I had handed him.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2  | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.