Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Yani
Switzerland
Zürich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Read many threads but did not find the answer.

Assume a scheme twist draws 2 villain cards, one of which is another twist acheme that draws 2 villain cards. What is the timing of events, including drawing cards and resolving ambush and escape effects? Do I go card by card? Do I “stack” the oldest event and resolve the newest?

Thanks in advance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Jansson
Sweden
Trollhättan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You complete each card as it comes up. So the first reveal two cards effect would pause if the first card revealed would call for more cards to be revealed. Then resume the first cards second card reveal after the first one is completed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Kelly
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When the villain deck chain thing happens, I turn two cards on top of the villain deck 90 degrees, resolve the currnt card (twist), then draw the top (now turned card) and resolve it. If one of those turned cards require more draws to happen, I turn more cards to keep up with how many I need to draw. That way I'm not looking ahead, it is easy to keep focused on the current card in order to resolve it first, and there is no confusion about what to do first. When I finally manage to draw and resolve all the turned cards, then I play my hand as normal, sigh, and try to be thankful I'm still in it. Those types of schemes are usually short and brutal games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fromper Fromper
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This FAQ is also relevant here:

Quote:
Q: What effect happens first: Ambush or Escape?

A: This is clarified in the Villains rulebook, and applies to the base game as well:
Remember: if a Villain escaped when this new Villain appeared, handle all the Escape effects for the overrunning Villain before handling any Ambush effect for the new Villain. (Source: Villains rules, p. 9; "Villain" and "Adversary" are equivalent terms.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yani
Switzerland
Zürich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DrPolygon wrote:
When the villain deck chain thing happens, I turn two cards on top of the villain deck 90 degrees, resolve the currnt card (twist), then draw the top (now turned card) and resolve it. If one of those turned cards require more draws to happen, I turn more cards to keep up with how many I need to draw. That way I'm not looking ahead, it is easy to keep focused on the current card in order to resolve it first, and there is no confusion about what to do first. When I finally manage to draw and resolve all the turned cards, then I play my hand as normal, sigh, and try to be thankful I'm still in it. Those types of schemes are usually short and brutal games.

Thanks to all. The above is a very good system.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fernando Santos
Portugal
Amadora
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I prefer the method by DarthEd in here: Multiple twists in a row which casues playing multiple Villian cards

DarthEd wrote:
0. Beginning of turn. No cards have been drawn yet. Must draw one card as per rules. Total cards still to draw is 1.
1. Draw 1 card. Total cards still to draw is 1 - 1 = 0. It's a Twist. Must draw two more cards. Total cards still to draw is 0 + 2 = 2.
2. Draw 1 card. Total cards still to draw is 2 - 1 = 1. It's a Twist. Must draw two more cards. Total cards still to draw is 1 + 2 = 3.
3. Draw 1 card. Total cards still to draw is 3 - 1 = 2. It's a Villain.
4. Draw 1 card. Total cards still to draw is 2 - 1 = 1. It's a Villain.
5. Draw 1 card. Total cards still to draw is 1 - 1 = 0. It's a Villain.
Done. No more cards must be drawn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shelley Hebert
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mb
We just played Negative Zone Prison Breakout and that's a "play two cards from the villain deck" Twist.

Pull a Twist. Take the next two, set them in front of us. The top one is another Twist. Take two more and put them under the remaining card. Play the top card in front of us, it's a villain. Play the next one, another twist. Take two more from the villain deck and stack it below the ones we already have,....

Hogwarts Battle has lots of cards that require additional plays from the Dark Arts deck and that method always seems to work well for us.

SH
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.