Subject: Session Report rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christopher Degeyter
United States
LaPlace
Louisiana
flag msg tools
My wife and I sat down last night for a game of The Settlers of Catan Card Game.
We are pretty evenly matched in the game and our games usually turn out very close.
My normal strategy is to get the 5th settlement and then build cities as fast as possible.
This game was a bit different. It seemed that we rolled the same numbers over and over this lead to a resource shortage for most of the early game. I seemed to get into a reactive strategy as well. I ended up building a ciry before a third settlement and she ended up with 2 extra settlements quickly. At this point I was playing in catch up mode. I then concentrated everything on getting the next three settlemenst (which I did) but at that point my wife had the commerce token in her full grasp as well as the knight token.
Towards the end of the game it was 11 to 10 in favor of my wife. All of the cities were built so it was up to the red cards. I was storing up for the collosus of Catan because I knew that there was little chance of geting the resources needed to build 2 red cards by the time she built one. That is when disaster struck and the brigands took all of my ore and wool. They robbed my wife as well, but it did not put her as far behind because in two turns she built the final card she needed for the win.

Final Score Wife 12 Me 10

It was a really fun game. I think that we had played so much when we first got it that it kinda got boring. We recently got Starship Catan and while we both like it, it is a little long for us. In fact when deciding what to play last night we decided on this game because of the time and we ended up really enjoying ourselves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.