Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

Zombicide» Forums » General

Subject: Thinking about buying a pack of dashboards on ebay, suggestion for proxy minis? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris
msg tools
mbmb
As the subject states, I was looking at buying one of the dashboard packs in eBay and just substituting the minis with a "decent" proxy, or using the dashboards to make custom survivors. Anyone have any good suggestions for sources in the U.S.?

Thanks,
Chris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dann Stinard
United States
Lincoln
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got some proxies at Hasslefree Miniatures: https://www.hfminis.co.uk/

They are in the U.K. but will ship cheaply to the U.S. They have good zombiecide-like minis, and they also sent me weird English candy along with the minis I bought. So that's a perk.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Waggly Bean
United Kingdom
Walsall
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed, Hasslefree have some very good proxies.

Check this link for a few examples of them:
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/912462/proxy-survivor-size-...

Hasslefree also have Shaun of the Dead ones to perfectly proxy Fred and Chuck. There is an Escape from LA/New York one to proxy the Snake Pliskin one, and there is one to proxy Brad too.

There are a few that are suitable as proxies for others too that aren't as perfect a fit, but still do a good job.

Also what's this about weird English candy? It's 'sweets' actually, and yours is the weird stuff not ours!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Stone
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you getting the dashboards that came with Black Plague? If so, do you know about the website Zombicide Stuff? This guy has converted all characters, even the KS exclusives, into character cards that will fit these dashboards. I've made up a set now and play with subs, basically just using the minis in the base games and expansions to replace those "exclusives" that I don't have.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
msg tools
mbmb
No, the auction I'm looking at is from seasons 1 and 2, but it's the kickstarter exclusive characters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Stone
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When you say dash boards, do you mean character sheets?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
msg tools
mbmb
Yeah...sorry to mix up the terminology there. Although, those plastic dashboards are pretty awesome, wouldn't mind grabbing some of those too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Stone
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm looking at eBay, there are some dashboard bundles for sale at $10 each. The only reason I bring this up is that I have all those boards for sale and I recon I can sell them cheaper to you. All season 1 & 2 plus KS exclusives. I can send you the full list if you like.
I have to nip out, be back in an hour or so.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
msg tools
mbmb
Awesome! Go ahead and pm me a list and we can probably work something out. I work overnights on the east coast, so I'll be heading to work in a bit.

Thanks,
Chris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence Lee
United States
Arcadia
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Check out these miniatures. I bought the hero sets and they're pretty close in size. They're a good price in my opinion.

http://flyingfrogproductions.mybigcommerce.com/miniatures/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls