Hide
5 Posts

Sword & Sorcery» Forums » General

Subject: Story Summart of Swords and Sorcery? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
O K
msg tools
It's just a bit confusing - are you resurected Heroes? How many quests are there and does the story evolve through to facing a big bad?

Many thanks for any info. Don't mind if its spoilery just if you do put it in a spoiler box!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Denman
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You were all legendary heroes and you died. You've been resurrected for some purpose. You don't level up in the sense of other role-playing games but instead you are regaining the power you once had. This is effectively the same thing, but that's how it works storywise. There are more than 20 Quests in the entire campaign, some of which you will not play because there are small branching paths, but if you played through more than once perhaps you'd see a couple of different Quests.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Trump wrote:
... There are more than 20 Quests in the entire campaign, some of which you will not play because there are small branching paths...

i'd like to qualify that "the campaign" means the core box and all other expansions (edit: at least one of which isn't, unless i'm sorely mistaken, yet available in retail).

The core box itself has 7 missions, only 6 of which get played in a given campaign.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matteo Viviani
msg tools
sgbeal wrote:
Trump wrote:
... There are more than 20 Quests in the entire campaign, some of which you will not play because there are small branching paths...

i'd like to qualify that "the campaign" means the core box and all other expansions (edit: at least one of which isn't, unless i'm sorely mistaken, yet available in retail).

The core box itself has 7 missions, only 6 of which get played in a given campaign.

Yep,probably the biggest flaw of the base game. 7 quests are very few.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gorka Morka
Germany
Bavaria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Trump wrote:
There are more than 20 Quests in the entire campaign, some of which you will not play because there are small branching paths, but if you played through more than once perhaps you'd see a couple of different Quests.

There are 22 quests if you buy the core box, Arcane Portal, Darkness Falls and Vastaryous lair. Of those, you'll play 20. So there is 1 different/branching quest in the core box and 1 in Darkness Falls.

Regards, Gorkar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.