Subject: Session Report rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Graham Callander
United Kingdom
Bury
Unspecified
flag msg tools
With dinner arriving shortly it was time for a quick one as they say.

So what better than Lost Cities since both Simon and I played it quite a bit last summer in Scotland and so only the briefest of reminders was needed to get the rules and scoring fresh in the mind.

We've decided that this is without a shadow of a doubt our bestest swearing game. We can be just a few cards in and already the air is blue with expletives

This is such a cracking game. The mechanic is so simple but the element of luck from the cards and the constant second guessing of what is still in the deck vs. what is in the opponent's hand is just wonderful.

On the whole I think we are both getting quite adept at not starting expeditions too soon, but it can still be a nightmare early on to try and discard cards that won't harm you too much but just as importantly can't be of use to the other player.

Normally we would play a few rounds but food was arriving and the table was needed so we ended after one round that I managed to win. Hopefully we will play more soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.