I have the newest version (which is great) but have a question about rule 5.34

"5.34 CORPS ORGANIZATIONAL RESTRICTIONS: At the
beginning and end of each strategy round, each general in
the game must meet one of two criteria:
1) Must be part of an Army on its army track [5.29], OR
2) Must be in a space where the number of generals in the
space is not greater than one more than the number of SPs
in the space. There can be fewer generals than SPs."

I understand the rule, the bolded part is my question, because the next section details the penalty for not following that rule and states

"If at the end of any strategy round this requirement is not
met, then excess generals, not Cavalry Brigades, are placed
on the Game Turn Record Track to reenter play next turn
(the opposing player picks the excess generals). During the
course of a strategy round these criteria may be and often
are violated, just as long as they have been satisfied at the
end of the strategy round.

So the penalty only specifies at the end of the turn but the rule specifies the beginning and end. Now it does specify the rule can be broken during the turn but that is still different than the beginning of the turn.

So if you lose SP's during your opponnents turn and thus no longer satisfy rule 5.34 do you suffer that penalty at the beginning of your turn or do you have your turn to fix that condition? My guess is the former.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Bucey
United States
Lancaster
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think where the distinction is important is placing new generals on the game board. If you get 3 new Generals and place them in a space with only a single SP, one of them is going to be sent packing before the first strategy round for the turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Riku Riekkinen
Finland
Jyväskylä
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Quote:
So if you lose SP's during your opponnents turn and thus no longer satisfy rule 5.34 do you suffer that penalty at the beginning of your turn or do you have your turn to fix that condition?

Your generals are removed by the opponent at the end of opponents turn.

Quote:
If you get 3 new Generals and place them in a space with only a single SP, one of them is going to be sent packing before the first strategy round for the turn.

This can only happen, if you don't have any legal place to put your generals (So you for example have 1SP, no forts and 3 generals in whole game left; yes we are talking about situation that will never happen to any of you, unless both players purposefully try to make it. Even then it would be hard). To do it otherwise is illegal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Landon
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All cleared up, thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.