Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Burkhard
United States
Fort Collins
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We have been playing a lot of Days of Wonder?s ?Ticket to Ride? recently. Everyone enjoys the game, but we have noticed that everyone has become pretty familiar with all of the Tickets. It is not uncommon for someone to say, ?Oh, he?s got the ?Seattle to New York? run after the first tile play.

To introduce some more variety in the Tickets and include all cities, our family developed a ?Random Ticket? Variant. I have compiled all of the rules for this Variant and have posted it as a file in the Ticket to Ride "file" section above.

Feedback is welcome!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Burkhard
United States
Fort Collins
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:silverpenny's Random Ticket Variant
Why won't the BGG computer recognize my apostrophes and quotation marks?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Possibly because you are using the back apostrophe (`) instead of the single quote/apostrophe (')..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, that's not the problem.. Both apostrophes showed up fine when I used them.. And in looking at some of your previous articles, I see that you have used apostrophes before without a problem..

Did you maybe change your language or font settings or something in your browser? I dunno how the board would handle something like UNICODE..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Ross
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
silverpenny (#38121),

Probably because they got sent across as the 8-bit Microsoft extended ASCII versions. I've been use to the question mark as the omnipunctuation mark of choice for more than 5 years now thanks to them... so much so I didn't even notice it until you pointed it out (I see this continually on Usenet all the time).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.