badge
Go get 'em, Floyd.
mbmbmbmbmb
jvdv wrote:
From the frontpage of the GMT website, in the leftmost column (What's New):

Quote:
Shipping Next, around October 10: 1914 Twilight in the East

So, where is Asia Engulfed?

It's "Charging - In final production", just one click from the front page ...

Asia Engulfed
P500 - Charging 8/16/07
Strategic WWII Pacific block game. Mates with Europe Engulfed to create all of WWII
Orders To Date: 895

Quote:
Where is Conquest of Paradise? Where, in short, is the good stuff?

As above ...

Conquest of Paradise
P500 - Charging 7/20/07
2-4 player Family Game of early Pacific exploration and conquest
Orders To Date: 835

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Thomas
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Where is Unhappy King Charles?

I know, I know, he isn't charging yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Morris
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
2nd, 6th and 7th Wisconsin, 19th Indiana, 24th Michigan
badge
24th Michigan Monument Gettysburg Pa
mbmbmbmbmb
My understanding is that due to Essen there was a delay in getting the blocks for Asia Engulfed but that it will ship in the second half of October.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Thomas
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You could always cancel your order and ask for your money back, I'm sure GMT would be happy to oblige.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Merchant
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jvdv wrote:
Definitely not what I signed up for...

Jeroen, if you do a search, you can find rants by one or two others who are also quite aggrieved at the P-500 process both at GMT and Valley Games. Maybe you can link to those threads or, better yet, create a Fraternal Order of Anti-P-500-ers, and warn the masses of the evil that is the P-500 system.

But actually, this IS what you signed up for. The P-500 process is messy, long, and full of delays, but it gets games published that might not otherwise see the light of day. No one is forcing you to pre-order, and your money is guaranteed if you want a refund. This is EXACTLY what you signed up for. But there's only so much complaining you can do as a P-500 subscriber before the comminity tells you to shut it and pull the plug. You'll be happier, and so will we!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Debije
Netherlands
Eindhoven
The Netherlands
flag msg tools
Jeroen-

Don't take it too personally. It's not an attack on you directly, but a grunt of frustration on the continual, rather nasty assault that the pre-order systems of companies like GMT and MMP have undergone on this site of late. In this age of amazon.com and other such places, there appears to be no more room for 'mom and pop' small companies that cannot get their items out the door in under a few months. Some games take years on p500, something the standard Euro-enthusiast does not seem to be able to tolerate. The games created are innovative, sprawling, complex affairs requiring lots of historical research and playtesting, proofing of 1000's of counters and many text revisions by a small group of dedicated volunteers and employees. They are not mass-market items to be tested by 1000's at Essen: one challenge is the game play time is often in the hours, so getting sheer numbers of playtesters is difficult, as is exploration of all potential nuances of gameplay, something MUCH easier to iron out in a 45 minute Euro. Low print runs are necessary, which increases the price. Beautiful, large paper mats are criticized. Cardboard chits are criticized. As far as I can remember, the couple games awaiting release are among the first from GMT to be delayed after charging. GMT is going through some growing pains, with a slew of potential titles on the horizon and limited resources to deal with them all. There will be some hiccoughs, but I am confident they will get them righted: I have always had excellent rapport with the GMT folks I've dealt with. For all those folks who decry pledging, bragging how much they saved in waiting and buying the games cheaply from online sources: I can only say, good for you, best of luck, now shut it and quit complaining about the system- just go play the excellent games it produces. Some of us are thrilled by the chance to 'vote' for what games we want, and where the hobby will go. This keeps our 'niche within a niche' going. And, like you, anxiously awaiting Conquest of Paradise!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.