Nick
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

I just got the core box + the first expansion, in essential edition. As a side note, I'm impressed with the quality of the components, especially the cards.

What are you recommendations for my first plays? Should I just stick to the base game? Or should I directly add some things from the Tuscany box?

Thanks! meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarek W
Poland
flag msg tools
Commutator
badge
.Komutator
mbmbmbmb
I'd love to say: go with the expansion content already, but I saw many people struggling to grasp all the rules on their first play, so I'd say: get familiar with vanilla mechanics for a game or two and switch to Tuscany.
You can then throw the base board away or keep it for some new players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok. In your opinion, the base game EE is great as is? No major flaws or anything else that are corrected by Tuscany EE?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarek W
Poland
flag msg tools
Commutator
badge
.Komutator
mbmbmbmb
Not flaws. I didn't see anything was wrong until I tried the expansion. Then there's no going back

Four seasons instead of two (along with revamped actions) is a major advantage of the expansion. Additional content of regions, structures, special workers is nice to have and add, but the action board makes the game substantially better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Farnan
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
IMO base game is great, I had it a long time before picking up Tuscany which I only did to add some more variety (and boy did it add a lot!)

The only slight problem I had was that there's quite a difference between the base game board and the Tuscany board which confused some players used to the vanilla.

If you're teaching players that have played a few other worker placement games, you might consider playing the vanilla game with the Tuscany board without anything else extra.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus Link
Germany
Reutlingen
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
mb
I bought both the base game and the Tuscany exppansion at the same time. I started learning the base game and played 2 solo games and then went all in with the full Tuscany EE.

I enjoyed the base game, but I love the complete package. Its not that big of a jump from base to Tuscany, so I would recommend to just try the base game for yourself, practice 1-2games and then go all in and never go back

I experienced almost no difference in teaching base game to Tuscany.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Laudermilk
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Start with the base game and get comfortable with it. V:EE is a great game. Adding T:EE makes it an even greater game and once you jump to it, you likely won't go back.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BG.EXE
United States
flag msg tools
I favor Euros, but I like pretty much all games.
badge
Make the kinds of posts you want to read.
mbmbmbmbmb
Use the Tuscany board, maybe the special workers, and maybe the Orange buildings. They really don’t complicate things and honesty the Orange buildings go ignored a lot, except for when someone randomly gets a crazy good one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Toni Serrano
Spain
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kakuuuu wrote:
Hello,

I just got the core box + the first expansion, in essential edition. As a side note, I'm impressed with the quality of the components, especially the cards.

What are you recommendations for my first plays? Should I just stick to the base game? Or should I directly add some things from the Tuscany box?

Thanks! meeple

I got it all two months ago, and I started with 2 solo games at Viticulture EE without expansions, and after that I started playing with Viti+Tusc+Moor since now. I think doing 1 or 2 games with just the base game is good to understand how it works, and then you are ready to the real game, because once you try Tuscany you will never play again without the expansions

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for all your feedbacks guys. I'll try integrated some Tuscany modules from the get go, and hope it won't overcomplicate things from my new players at this game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.