Popular Tags: [View All]
Joe
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We were feeling a bit nostalgic, and Tara & Eric had just picked it up from Wal*Mart, so we decided to play a spirited game of Clue.

We played with the variant that a player making a suggestion may ask only one person to try to prove them wrong. This makes the game a little more interesting, and lessens the possibility that someone will get lucky and figure out the solution with only a couple suggestions.

After bumbling around the mansion for a while, we started to remember how to properly form our suggestions to get the information we needed, as well as how to record our findings to maximize the information gathered from each others' suggestions.

It soon began to dawn on most of us that the innocent-looking Miss Scarlet was not so innocent after all, and that the Lead Pipe was her weapon of choice..
The mad dash to figure out which room was the scene of the crime began..

Lacie chanced a bold accusation that the scene of the crime was the Hall.. Lucky for me (and unlucky for her) I held the Hall in my hand, but was never put in a position that forced me to show it to anyone.. With her accusation incorrect, the game continued without Lacie.

I had narrowed it down to either the Kitchen or the Ball Room and was racing to the Ball Room to make the necessary suggestion to possibly eliminate it, when Eric made his own accusation. "The Ball Room was the scene of the crime!", he exclaimed. His hunch was confirmed when he checked the secret file.

Will have to do better record keeping from the start next time, to ensure my victory!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.