Popular Tags: [View All]
Judd Jensen
United States
Belgrade
Montana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here are a few ideas I think would add a lot of fun to the game. I'll probably even make up some "tester decks" to see how they work in my own games.

1)Random Encounters Card Deck: The advanaced rules offer an interesting system of doing random encounters with existing components, but this is only so-so. A far more interesting approach is to have a deck devoted to random encounters, so that when you end your turn on a non-event space you can choose to draw a card. By including a variety of weak to medium tough encounters in this deck plus a few special items/allies, it would keep the game from being a "race" to the various encounter types and towns.

2) City Encounters Card Deck: Currently going to town, after the first event token is cleared, is really too uneventful. By having the option of drawing from a city event deck, it would increase the feeling of actually being in town, plus create a lot of additional story opportunities.

3) More exotic characters: The current characters are fantastic, but to spice things up adventure packs could come with themed or exotic characters to match the story.

4) Optional Map stuff: A big city token that covers 3-5 spaces, a desert token that can cover up 12-20 spaces, a large sea that could sit in-between a couple of cities to make them ports. Naturally each of these could come with its own adventure decks/ adventure paths as well.

5) Mounts: I've only played one game, so maybe there is more of this kind of stuff in the decks than I know. That said, it would be fun to be able to buy horses, mules or even a griffon. This would give a good alternative to the normal ally.

6) Message Board: One on the product page that actually worked would go a long ways to building the web community. This would provide any easy and fun way for players to share ideas and their own home brewed adventures.

Anyone else have ideas?

Judd

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.