Sword & Sorcery» Forums » General

Subject: Chest rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg Cherry
United States
California
flag msg tools
It seems the prolog ends immediately when big bad is killed, so we didnt get to open the door and go to room with chest. It says heroes pick up all items and Loot bags, but does that also include us being able to get the chest?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rezard Vareth
United States
flag msg tools
No. You need to open the chest in the middle of the fight to get it.

Thematically, you are looting the church for useful relics. This only makes sense for the heroes to do in the chaos of battle (i.e., "holy crap I need this right now" followed by "keep whatever XYZ you found, you'll need it more"). You can't just rummage through the storeroom after combat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
al Cann
United States
Warwick
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To be honest, as good a game as S&S is, you will be bathing in treasure and crowns as you continue on in the campaign. That is a flaw that I understand has been addressed in Ancient Chronicles, the next S&S adventure to be released, late this year or in 2020.

Don't worry about missing any treasure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
albcann wrote:
To be honest, as good a game as S&S is, you will be bathing in treasure and crowns as you continue on in the campaign.

i've seen about 117 people say that and yet am not seeing the same in my games. i buy items from the Hollywood Deck every chance i and, as a consequence, have no money left.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vasilis
Greece
Heraklion Crete
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sgbeal wrote:
albcann wrote:
To be honest, as good a game as S&S is, you will be bathing in treasure and crowns as you continue on in the campaign.

i've seen about 117 people say that and yet am not seeing the same in my games. i buy items from the Hollywood Deck every chance i and, as a consequence, have no money left.

Some people don't have Hollywood items.

Also, during Act 1 Crowns are OK. Things get quickly out of hand during Act 2.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
al Cann
United States
Warwick
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sgbeal wrote:
albcann wrote:

Correct, I don't have a Hollywood deck, nor do I know what that is. All I can tell you is that, after a while, I had so many crowns that I needed proxies, and I didn't need any more from the emporium. 117 people is smoke, and where there is smoke there is fire.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff C
msg tools
albcann wrote:
sgbeal wrote:
albcann wrote:

Correct, I don't have a Hollywood deck, nor do I know what that is. All I can tell you is that, after a while, I had so many crowns that I needed proxies, and I didn't need any more from the emporium. 117 people is smoke, and where there is smoke there is fire.
Crows are limited by the game supply so you never need proxies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls