Subject: Warfang@Block rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
j swatso
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mb
Three Heroes had performed, in a word, marvelously.

Skyscraper, the Living Weapon, whose multiple sonic attacks had dazed many foes, and whose size had protected the Heroes from much damage.

Haka, both Mindreaking and Indiscriminate, whose Multiverse-renown Rampage had sent friends, gladiators, prisoners, and agents scurrying - too late - for cover.

Dark Watch Mr. Fixer, Seeking, Unbreakable, and of course, a Champion. Neptune’s Trident? Thor’s Hammer? Children’s toys, compared to his Jack Handle, and the havoc it wreaked.

Then there was …

Guise, Chaos Lord, as is his wont. Unfortunately, Ashclaw R’velos took a focused interest into Guise’s ill-being, so Guise was limited to providing Ongoing-fodder for Mr. Fixer’s Bitter Strike.

The Heroes, 3/4ths firing on all cylinders, had managed to obtain a 42-16 lead, and … were about to lose*, with only an ineffective, pacifist Guise able to prevent certain defeat.

*[Warfang had three cards in her deck - Provacator Tarnis, and 2x Fickle Fans, either of which, if played, would end the game in Warfang’s favour.]

Guise, quite familiar with desperation, times, and measures, played:
1) The much-despised, rarely-played, Gimmicky Character, which … discarded a Fickle Fan, just the type of “failure” Guise needed.
2) Hoping for another Gimmicky Character, Guise played … Best Card Ever! No Gimmicky Character, but …
3) Another Best Card Ever! No Gimmicky Character, but …
4) Where Did I Leave That! No Gimmicky Character, but …
5) Discard the two cards to retrieve Gimmicky Character, which …
6) Discarded the other Fickle Fan!!

So, perforce comes Provacator Tarnis, Warfang shuffles her deck, then her other card play is …

FICKLE FAN?!
ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!
ALL THAT GUISE MAGIC AT THE END WAS FOR NAUGHT?!?!?!
Yeah, I’m kidding you.

Some other moog came out, and Guise simply propped up his feet and watched the fireworks fly between Warfang and her Gladiators, and his teammates, with the Villain eventually succumbing.

Of course, while the other Heroes recovered from their collective efforts, Guise was reporting how he won the competition …
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Batchik
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great write-up.

However, your last line:

> Of course, while the other Heroes recovered from their collective efforts, Guise was reporting how he won the competition …

makes me feel like you are referring to my write-up of our last "Aeon's End" game where I described how, when we were about to lose to the Blight Lord, my mage stood up and single-highhandedly defeated the enemy and saved the day.

That's totally the way I remember it happening. ;-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls