Popular Tags: [View All]
William Jason Raynovich
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,
I am going to run a race in my league with a smaller track. Anyone every play more than three laps? I am thinking for a short track that would be better.

Heck, we just finished a race on the Magny-Cours. The race was finished in under two hours. I really PUSH everyone to play on their turn and we do play fast. However, this is still rather fast. Not sure if adding another lap would really change the race, but I could see the Italian and French courses being four laps.

If we do add a lap, should we add a repair point? Or two laps? Any thoughts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Hoyt
United States
East Liverpool
Ohio
flag msg tools
ボルトン
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Most of our races are 2 laps, unless Championship racing. Simply because not everyone around the table are dedicated racers.

The tracks we do atleast 3 laps are both the Monza and Zandvort 1. As well as the 2 Formula Dé:Mini short courses.
USDaytona-Road Course (if we want to simulate the 24hrs of Daytona we will run 6 laps. Laps 4-5 are considered at night and we up damage roll chances to # of stops in corner + standard roll). We do a rolling start as well as add the Bus Stop Chicane.
This also works well for the other USOval,Indianapolis.

Depending on the track, if I were to add more laps above three, I might require a mandatory pit on lap 2(on a 4 lap race) but keep the 3 lap set up (and the 2 repair points). Above 4 laps... I might add a couple more start points to be allotted to resources by the drivers.

Getting everyone in the habit of being ready to roll on their turn is a must! Unless you are making a day of it and taking a break midway.

~Will
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Jason Raynovich
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The track I am probably going to use next race is Curitaba. It is in the files section here.

If running a four lap race race, I think a mandatory stop would be good. However, I would be surprised if anyone could run more than three-laps without pitting.

If a five-lap race, I am thinking that a rule could be that a car can run at most three laps without pitting. So, a player could run a one pitstop race.

Now, I am considering giving each player an additional repair point, maybe two additional if running a five-lap race.

William
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Eldard
United States
Burke
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know about more recent editions of FD, but the driver/auto sheets in mine are for 1-, 2-, or 3-laps. The longer the race, the more brake, engine, and collision points added to the car.

Will you make a similar adjustment for your 4-lap race?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Jason Raynovich
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Eldard wrote:
I don't know about more recent editions of FD, but the driver/auto sheets in mine are for 1-, 2-, or 3-laps. The longer the race, the more brake, engine, and collision points added to the car.

Will you make a similar adjustment for your 4-lap race?

Possibly. The race course seems a bit smaller, so I am not sure I need to add more points. Essentially, I am thinking that if the track is much smaller, then more laps would make it a race equivalent to the other tracks.

I will check the "shortest" length of this track compared to some of the other tracks to see if my assumption is correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Hoyt
United States
East Liverpool
Ohio
flag msg tools
ボルトン
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Have a look here : https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1211657/visual-library-...

There are quite a few shorter circuits made by 3rd party. If you see any that suit your desire, send me a pm.

~Will

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Jason Raynovich
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am interested in some of those tracks. I just pm you to get a large image of them?

William

PS I tried to get a couple of them last week, but could not figure out how to download them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Hoyt
United States
East Liverpool
Ohio
flag msg tools
ボルトン
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Yeah jsut PM me.

They aren't download links on there. Just a Visual Reference to all the tracks I have/seen. And there are more that i don't have.

~Will

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.