Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

Fallout» Forums » Rules

Subject: Few Rule Questions for Noob After Game #1 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
How do you decide what space to place a quest marker on when it originally is placed on an undiscovered tile?

What happens when you kill a faction enemy? Where/when does it respawn?

If you get XP to level up twice in one XP gain, do you move all spaces on your SPECIAL and take letters afterwards, or do you level up immediately and then take the extra letter into account for xp needed for the 2nd level up?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cory Kneeland
United States
Beaumont
Texas
flag msg tools
Do what you love with the ones you love
badge
Gotta love the duck!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Factions spawn when their symbol is revealed on agenda cards.

Level up and then place special tokens.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ckneeland wrote:
Factions spawn when their symbol is revealed on agenda cards.

Level up and then place special tokens.


Youre fast!

Do the faction tokens spawn at the same place that they originally spawned? i.e. if you progress the game and a quest staging says place SHIELD at X location, is that always where it spawns when killed/respawned by agenda card afterwards?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hoichiro Ohma
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Faction Tokens don't respawn when you killed them.

In the reference Rules book, page 7, Faction Token section:

 When a faction token is killed, it is discarded and is not
replaced by a different inactive token of its type
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dmitry Novac
Latvia
flag msg tools
wtfbliz wrote:
How do you decide what space to place a quest marker on when it originally is placed on an undiscovered tile?

Basically, I use the same principle as with the enemy. If the quest marker is on unexplored tile, we put marker wherever place we want on explore.

wtfbliz wrote:
If you get XP to level up twice in one XP gain, do you move all spaces on your SPECIAL and take letters afterwards, or do you level up immediately and then take the extra letter into account for xp needed for the 2nd level up?

I prefer first level-up and take token and then count experience points left. So like in regular video games, each level needs more EXP so when you reach another level you got an benefit on it and only then increase your EXP to the next level.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hoichiro Ohma
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
vipermx wrote:
wtfbliz wrote:
How do you decide what space to place a quest marker on when it originally is placed on an undiscovered tile?

Basically, I use the same principle as with the enemy. If the quest marker is on unexplored tile, we put marker wherever place we want on explore.

wtfbliz wrote:
If you get XP to level up twice in one XP gain, do you move all spaces on your SPECIAL and take letters afterwards, or do you level up immediately and then take the extra letter into account for xp needed for the 2nd level up?

I prefer first level-up and take token and then count experience points left. So like in regular video games, each level needs more EXP so when you reach another level you got an benefit on it and only then increase your EXP to the next level.


I play both situations like you do
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thx all! I see the xp question was asked and is a topic of great debate.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cory Kneeland
United States
Beaumont
Texas
flag msg tools
Do what you love with the ones you love
badge
Gotta love the duck!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hoichiro wrote:
Faction Tokens don't respawn when you killed them.

In the reference Rules book, page 7, Faction Token section:

 When a faction token is killed, it is discarded and is not
replaced by a different inactive token of its type


I always replaced the faction token. Never knew I was playing wrong, but I am going to continue to do so. Makes for a more interactive journey!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Probst
Germany
Kiel
Schleswig Holstein
flag msg tools
How would you handle the reasonably common late quest steps that have you eliminate all of one side's tokens from the board?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cory Kneeland
United States
Beaumont
Texas
flag msg tools
Do what you love with the ones you love
badge
Gotta love the duck!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Weltenreiter wrote:
How would you handle the reasonably common late quest steps that have you eliminate all of one side's tokens from the board?


Fair point. I guess I unconsciously stopped placing faction tokens when a quest says eliminate them. Odd, never actively thought about it.

The mind is an amazing thing!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.