Recommend
16 
 Thumb up
 Hide
56 Posts
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 

Oceans» Forums » News

Subject: Oceans Kickstarter Delayed until late March rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nick Bentley
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

Hi Oceans fans,

Quick update: we've decided to push back the launch of the Oceans campaign for about a month, to late March. Our obsessions got the best of us: there are a couple of finesse-y touches we decided to make before pressing the big red button.

Also, we thought it wouldn't hurt to put a bit more space between the launch of the Evolution Video Game (which just launched) and the launch of our Kickstarter campaign. We'll announce the exact date shortly.

Apologies. We know (or hope, anyway) you're waiting for the campaign like:

28 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Delia Volpi
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
For me no problem. We have plenty of boardgames to play from here up to next year .
The only issue: please put as add-on PROMO PACK III in your kickstarter campaign.
This animal in this beautiful picture: does it exist? It looks an alien.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mendon Dornbrook
United States
Phoenix
AZ
flag msg tools
"Go with the grace and protection of the Lord." It's the usual mantra for the big hero.
badge
The ticket to the future is always open.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not saying that I took tomorrow off in the hopes of being the first person to back Oceans but I am saying that I would not have been upset if I was.

Here's to looking forward to the launch in March!
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Price
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
Nothing wrong with that - take your time to get it right!
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francois LC
Canada
St-Bruno-de-Montarville (Near Montreal)
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't wait to have more details about the game. But I can still wait one more month until the launch.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Obvious Pseudonym
msg tools
Glitterfolie wrote:

This animal in this beautiful picture: does it exist? It looks an alien.

In the world of Oceans, the only limit on existence... is your imagination...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic Crapuchettes
United States
Bethesda
MD
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
North Star Games designs party games that don't suck! Play them with your non-gamer friends over the holidays.
badge
First there was Hearts, then there was Spades, and now we bring you Clubs. The suit of clubs finally gets some respect!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Cerberus777 wrote:
I can't wait to have more details about the game. But I can still wait one more month until the launch.

The beta v3 is open to outside platytesters. You can get all the details on Discord. Here is an invite code:

https://discord.gg/nVe9cBW

You can download the rules as well as all of the Print & Play files. You can also peruse thousands of comments from the playtesters and even ask questions directly to the design team. 285 people have joined the Oceans discord channel although only 50 - 75 have been active. A core group of 25 people post comments nearly everyday.

There is also a channel for finding people to play Oceans on Tabletop Simulator.

If you are not familiar with Discord, it's worth checking out. It takes 1 minute to create an account and it is intuitive to use. You'll have to give your email to create an account, but I have never received any junk mail from them or anyone else, so I think it's safe to give.
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete
United States
Northbrook
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
All I can say is that from the inside of the playtesting ranks, I am incredibly impressed with the work of the design team and how dedicated they are to a good product. Delays aren't fun, but if they're the result of good work, it's the right way to do things!

Pete (still has to get some of his feedback in to the team)
8 
 Thumb up
0.25
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tammi Moran
msg tools
cry
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Bentley
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
plezercruz wrote:
All I can say is that from the inside of the playtesting ranks, I am incredibly impressed with the work of the design team and how dedicated they are to a good product. Delays aren't fun, but if they're the result of good work, it's the right way to do things!

Pete (still has to get some of his feedback in to the team)
Thanks Pete. We put everything we have into these things and it feels very good when someone notices.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francois LC
Canada
St-Bruno-de-Montarville (Near Montreal)
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
domcrap wrote:
Cerberus777 wrote:
I can't wait to have more details about the game. But I can still wait one more month until the launch.

The beta v3 is open to outside platytesters. You can get all the details on Discord. Here is an invite code:

https://discord.gg/nVe9cBW

You can download the rules as well as all of the Print & Play files. You can also peruse thousands of comments from the playtesters and even ask questions directly to the design team. 285 people have joined the Oceans discord channel although only 50 - 75 have been active. A core group of 25 people post comments nearly everyday.

There is also a channel for finding people to play Oceans on Tabletop Simulator.

If you are not familiar with Discord, it's worth checking out. It takes 1 minute to create an account and it is intuitive to use. You'll have to give your email to create an account, but I have never received any junk mail from them or anyone else, so I think it's safe to give.

I'll check that out.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arc Crownover
Germany
Bremen
Bremen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds good. Do you have a calendar day lined up? I looked on ks when my calendar alerted me. But when I didn’t see the campaign I checked here. Looks great so far!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kaede Farenheit
Spain
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Quick question:

Do you think oceans is going to be translated to other languages during (or after) the ks campaign?

I always prefer owning games in my mother tongue because it doesn’t scare away friends / people who can’t read English. Since evolution is a great game I was sure it was going to be translated sooner or later and decided to wait until that happened... and here I am, still waiting modest

Thanks for the Videogame!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Bentley
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
At the moment, we have a French partner and an Italian partner who have committed to offering versions in those languages for the campaign. We’re looking for others, so if you have a publisher in mind, put us on their radar!
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil scahtten
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi, have you thought contacting the guys form SpieleSchmied (https://www.spiele-offensive.de/Spieleschmiede/), maybe they would work with you guys to make it possiable to translate the game into german. I really would appreciate it!!! Since a lot of my friends dont play games in english.... its to bothersome and Im reluctant to back the game on Kickstarter cause of this.....
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Caselli
msg tools
Only oceans will be in Italian or also climate and its expansions?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
So is there a specific date set yet, like March 26th for example?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Python Zzzabiss
msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
You can check the Discord channel for info.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
board.game.ets
Austria
Vöcklabruck
Upper Austria
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
aquateenavenger wrote:
So is there a specific date set yet, like March 26th for example?

26th should be right, saw this information on Twitter from one of the designers!
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
board.game.ets
Austria
Vöcklabruck
Upper Austria
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
milomilo122 wrote:
At the moment, we have a French partner and an Italian partner who have committed to offering versions in those languages for the campaign. We’re looking for others, so if you have a publisher in mind, put us on their radar!

No partner for a German version so far?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kaede Farenheit
Spain
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
mg92 wrote:
milomilo122 wrote:
At the moment, we have a French partner and an Italian partner who have committed to offering versions in those languages for the campaign. We’re looking for others, so if you have a publisher in mind, put us on their radar!

No partner for a German version so far?

What about Spanish? Haha.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Bentley
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

We've been trying for both German AND Spanish, but no dice yet.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kaede Farenheit
Spain
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know how does this exactly work, but I know that "Maldito Games" could be an option for you if haven't tried with them.

The evolution series games are great and deserve to be translated so more people can access them around the globe. I'm quite sure that evolution could appeal to lots of people, even non boardgamers because of the theme and it's accessible rules.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Bentley
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Kaede11 wrote:
I don't know how does this exactly work, but I know that "Maldito Games" could be an option for you if haven't tried with them.

The evolution series games are great and deserve to be translated so more people can access them around the globe. I'm quite sure that evolution could appeal to lots of people, even non boardgamers because of the theme and it's accessible rules.
I'll mention it to the guy who's doing the outreach at our company. Thanks.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Boschetto
Netherlands
Amsterdam
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
what is the official ks date for Oceans?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   |