John Black
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
If I wanted to print out custom Character or Equipment cards, what stock would I use, and who (USA) could print them? I want to create some stuff but I am not sure about what comes next. Exactly what do they need to be printed on to match the other cards, and can Staples or some other printer company do it? Thanks for any help, info, or ideas.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Messick
United States
Jacksboro
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designedbyryno.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: If I wanted to print out custom Character or Equipment cards, what stock would I use, and who (USA) could print them?
Are you by chance planning to print the Black Plague size/style survivor cards to fit in the Black Plague style plastic dashboards? That's something I've been thinking of doing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Black
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Re: If I wanted to print out custom Character or Equipment cards, what stock would I use, and who (USA) could print them?
ryno80 wrote:
Are you by chance planning to print the Black Plague size/style survivor cards to fit in the Black Plague style plastic dashboards? That's something I've been thinking of doing.

As far as the print goes, yes. For the creation part I found info on the dashboards here:

http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/showthread.php?61972

but I am also speaking of adding equipment cards. What kind of card stock is that and can I tell the printer company to use that specifically..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This isn't quite an answer but is an alternative: the small-box expansions come with cards in multiple languages. The cards for the "other" languages can be used as proxies: sleeve them (because your collection is sleeved, right? Right?), print out the card faces you want, and slide them into the proxies' sleeves. The paper-thin difference in thickness, compared to "proper" cards, is undetectable by normal mortals.

Edit: it will possibly be problematic to get custom printing done with exactly the same corner curve as the included cards. Proxies won't have that problem.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Black
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
sgbeal wrote:
This isn't quite an answer but is an alternative: the small-box expansions come with cards in multiple languages. The cards for the "other" languages can be used as proxies: sleeve them (because your collection is sleeved, right? Right?), print out the card faces you want, and slide them into the proxies' sleeves. The paper-thin difference in thickness, compared to "proper" cards, is undetectable by normal mortals.

Edit: it will possibly be problematic to get custom printing done with exactly the save corner curve as the included cards. Proxies won't have that problem.

I have the curved corner maker listed in the tutorial but he failed to mention what card stock/printer paper was used. Once I learn that I have everything I need to make the new character sheets for the dashboards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian W
msg tools
I printed custom cards at printerstudio.de (there is a .com, I think). They print in China and delivery took ~3 weeks. I used the "Mini Card" which is just a tad bigger than the original equipment cards, but since I printed all cards, I do not need to mix and mingle, but just replaced all cards... Printing quality is great. I used 300g paper, the cheapest option and it's really good.

This is a (pretty bad) example shot, I am currently at work (well, work....) and can't take a better compare shot.

No known Card printing company offers the 77mm x 88mm cards needed for the character cards, so I just printed them on a 280g DIN A4 paper and cut them myself. Came out really neat, quality is sufficient for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian C
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I have heard of a person from the former eastern block countries that has a deck for ALL the survivors in BP format/size occasionally on the bay of E.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Black
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Cusm wrote:
I have heard of a person from the former eastern block countries that has a deck for ALL the survivors in BP format/size occasionally on the bay of E.

I really want this to be true. I have searched and searched.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.