1 Posts

MotorChamp» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Session Report for MotorCamp rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bharath Allam
United States
flag msg tools
My first session report ... hope I don't mess it up:-).

We were 2 players (Tej and Me) and because of fewer players each of us took 2 sets of cars for racing and used a smaller racing track and what a blast we had.

I personally like racing games were there is nothing to think and just roll big numbers and run.. even on the curves:-) (I know that isn't racing at all but well what can I say.. thats me). In contrast Tej likes when racing simulates real ones and where right postioning of cars matter....yes he does manage to block my cars a lot.

So, we had few in-house rules to suite both our needs where it provides option to race faster but also has lot of room for car positioning and stuff and it worked out quite well.

Rules Modifications: (a) Each set of cars get only 3 modifiers (any) at the beginning of the game and when each car takes a pit stop players gets 3 more modifiers. We went with this option because modifiers enable players to race faster but since we have fewer modifiers we cannot continue doing so till the end of the race (b) White dice cannot be used with color dice. In other words if player wants to roll two dices then one of them cannot be white. This enforced that we cannot race faster but still its the player choice to try their luck.

At the start of the game we rolled dices to determine cars postioning and two dice can be rolled for each car from get go but slip streaming and crashing doesn't happen till the car crosses the start line.

In the beginning game was very poised and went very well for Tej. His cars managed to block me everywhere and I was slowed a lot. Seeing this I made my cars to take pit stops early so that there are fewer cars on the track making Tej's cars tough to block me. Given then freedom my other cars started racing faster. As my cars came out of the pit stop.. others were coming in and as there was more space on the track cars continued going faster.

Tej managed to use his modifiers extermely well in the beginning to position his cars but I managed to use them better later in the race to go faster. In the end I pretty much used up all my modifiers but Tej has many left as they didn't help much. Ofcourse I was very lucky with the dice at many times as I took lot of risk but somehow managed to not crash or overturn any cars. Once I rolled three dice (Which can go upto 15 spaces) but there was only room for 9 movements on the track and believe it or not dice rolled 9. Lucky.

In the end game was close but my cars managed to win because of lucky dice rolls.

Game was so much fun despite of many game plays we already had with MotorChamp. Only problem we felt during game play is that properly marking the cars when they finish each lap and take pit stops as it is tedious work.
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.