on-x
United States
not quite canada
flag msg tools
Did I fall asleep?
badge
Shall I go now?
mbmbmbmbmb
A confusing and chaotic twist on the standard 11er. This set was first run in July of 2017.

Everyone will start with--and must submit actions for:
wolf's NIGHTKILL
cultist-sorcerer's VIEW FOR SEER
seer's VIEW FOR WOLF
and martyr's PROTECT and VIEW FOR SPECIAL.
(All actions are mandatory for all players, EXCEPT martyr protect, which is always optional, but everyone should put in an order if there is a player whom they would want to protect were they the martyr.)

Each dawn, every player will be given results to all of their actions except for one random, inaccurate night action, which will disappear, making clear to the player that that is not their role.

Nightkill will be randomly selected from the two targets the wolves have chosen. Werewolves do not share a chat. There are no brutals.

Cultist-sorcerer will be given two possible sets of wolf pairs. Wolves will be told their partner is one of two possible players.
Villager will be given the names of two players, one of which is also a villager. (As the other is chosen randomly, both may end up being villagers.)
In all of these cases, one will be correct; one will be randomly chosen from the remaining players.

Seer, sorcerer, and martyr view results provided to everyone who is not actually that role will all be negative.

All standard rules and expectations apply. Please ask any questions you might have (in-thread during pre-game, in modchat during the game).
[no lynch], [nightfall] (+ lock actions), and conditional orders are all allowed. Full role reveal.

Lynch time: 8:00 PM BGG Time
Night Action Deadline: 8:30 PM BGG Time

Good Roles:

Seer
- Night 0 will be given a not wolf view randomized by the mod. Each night thereafter, the seer chooses a player to view and is informed if they are a wolf or not. If the seer is not present / does not give an order, they will receive a random negative view out of all players who were alive after lynch.

Hunter - If only two players remain in the game and the hunter is one of those players, then the good team wins even if the other player is a werewolf. Hunter is only parity, not brutal.

Martyr - Each night, may choose one player to protect. If that player is targeted for nightkill, the martyr will die in her place. The martyr may choose the same person consecutively without restriction. The martyr can only circumvent the nightkill; martyr does not work to stop lynches. If there is no order in modchat, the martyr ability is not triggered.
In this set, martyr also has a view for special ability in order to help them find the seer given the seer in this set is less able to find themself and claim.

5 Villagers - Ordinary villagers with no special powers or traits.

Evil Roles:

Cultist-sorcerer
- The cultist-sorcerer has some idea whom her wolves are, and she wins or loses with them, even if dead. Each night, the cultist-sorcerer chooses a player to view and is told whether or not they are the seer.

2 Werewolves - The werewolves each have some idea whom their partner is, but they DO NOT share a chat. Each night each wolf chooses a player to target for the nightkill. While there are two wolves alive, the kill will be randomized between the two choices. There is no kill on Night 0.
In the case where the only surviving Werewolf player has been put up for replacement (whether voluntarily or via the Proof of Life rule), the moderator will enact random nightkill(s) from all available non-wolves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cassandra Project
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Player List According to Cassandra:
4theta
Behind_the_Walls
BerenCamlost
dejojam1
DeMorcerf
DIGGITYDAWGDUBS
Felice Si
Irina_Phoenix
LudesFactor
MajaiofDreams
nolemonplease

11 players are signed up.

To sign up for this game go to
http://cassandrawerewolf.com/game/2158517

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
on-x
United States
not quite canada
flag msg tools
Did I fall asleep?
badge
Shall I go now?
mbmbmbmbmb
Ways in which this run will differ from the first...

I have added a second night order for the martyr--view for special.

I have also added beginning information for the villager. Much like the wolves are given two options as to whom their partner is, The villager will be given two player names as well, with one of them guaranteed to be a fellow villager.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tokah
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
Even when you don't feel it.
badge
Prioritize your own life, or someone will prioritize it for you!
mbmbmbmbmb
Then came the moment that Tok realized how amazing the dusk/dawn times were, and looked upon the roster, and realized it was very good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
...---...
Canada
flag msg tools
Doesn't everything die at last, and too soon? Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?
mbmbmbmbmb
TFang wrote:
Then came the moment that Tok realized how amazing the dusk/dawn times were, and looked upon the roster, and realized it was very good.

.... and besides all that, it's so nice to see irwin back! Now if Nessus could join the game maybe .... whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tokah
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
Even when you don't feel it.
badge
Prioritize your own life, or someone will prioritize it for you!
mbmbmbmbmb
Felice Si wrote:
TFang wrote:

.... and besides all that, it's so nice to see irwin back! Now if Nessus could join the game maybe .... whistle

Well, I love irwin, so I'd already asked her to kick me into a chat.

I'm iffy on "no one knows what they are" games, but this had enough x factor to kick me over.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
...---...
Canada
flag msg tools
Doesn't everything die at last, and too soon? Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?
mbmbmbmbmb
I feel ya there, Tok! I didn't play the first run of this. Feels very yolo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
on-x
United States
not quite canada
flag msg tools
Did I fall asleep?
badge
Shall I go now?
mbmbmbmbmb
Felice Si wrote:
TFang wrote:

Join, no. He's still swimming upstream through school and working full-time. But he is modding. kiss
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
...---...
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Where are we going to dig up the last player? FYI, I'm going to be out this evening but I'm still in to play this if it fills.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
...---...
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This game needs more Scarlett!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colby Parsons
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
I just signed up on Cassandra.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
on-x
United States
not quite canada
flag msg tools
Did I fall asleep?
badge
Shall I go now?
mbmbmbmbmb
Time to admit defeat and let this thing die?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Madeline B
msg tools
No mountains, no valleys
badge
Never argue with idiots; they'll drag you down to their level and then beat you on experience.
mbmbmbmbmb
If a game is scheduled for a specific date and a few days pass without it running, it will disappear from the Cassy homepage. So this probably hasn't been visible to most people.

There are a handful of newish players who enjoy late lynch games so it might be worth advertising to them, but obviously you never know what will or won't fill.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
...---...
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. It hasn't been on Cassy for ages. I thought it was a timing thing with your schedule and you'd put it up again when you had time to run it. Put it in starts when full?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Original Thumb #50
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I tried. Maybe I'll try again as this late lynch time might actually work for me at some point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
on-x
United States
not quite canada
flag msg tools
Did I fall asleep?
badge
Shall I go now?
mbmbmbmbmb
Felice Si wrote:
Yes. It hasn't been on Cassy for ages. I thought it was a timing thing with your schedule and you'd put it up again when you had time to run it. Put it in starts when full?
My mistake. Guess that's what happens when one hasn't modded (or, for that matter, played) in ages. I will change it when I have a chance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L squared Radicchio
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
...---...
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
surprise
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Who took the Bomp from the Bompalompalomp? Who took the Ram from the Ramalamading dong?
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in!

Let's find 2 (3?) more and do this thang.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L squared Radicchio
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L squared Radicchio
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If I understand correctly:
-The sorc knows they are the sorc as they get told of 4 possible wolves?

-Wolves know they are wolves as they get told of possible partners?

-Villagers know they are villagers, as they get informed of other possible villagers?

-Only the hunter, martyr and seer don't know who they are? (They would know they are not villager, wolf or sorc though right as they wouldn't be given names of players?)

-What are the consequences if a non-wolf doesn't put in one of the mandatory orders (for example if a villager doesn't put in a nightkill order?)

-I can't ask clarification questions during the game in thread? I love asking questions!

Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
on-x
United States
not quite canada
flag msg tools
Did I fall asleep?
badge
Shall I go now?
mbmbmbmbmb
hibou wrote:
If I understand correctly:
-The sorc knows they are the sorc as they get told of 4 possible wolves?

-Wolves know they are wolves as they get told of possible partners?

-Villagers know they are villagers, as they get informed of other possible villagers?

-Only the hunter, martyr and seer don't know who they are? (They would know they are not villager, wolf or sorc though right as they wouldn't be given names of players?)

-What are the consequences if a non-wolf doesn't put in one of the mandatory orders (for example if a villager doesn't put in a nightkill order?)

-I can't ask clarification questions during the game in thread? I love asking questions!

Thank you!
Not quite. No one knows whom they are. Everyone gets a big list of potential information for every role.

I hadn't really thought about needing to provide consequences, but I guess...
If a player does not put in all of their orders the orders will be randomized for that night and the player will be put up for replacement.

I suppose you could ask clarification questions during the game, but it might give away information about your role to other people.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L squared Radicchio
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh Ok, thanks. I won't ask clarification questions in thread. So let's say a villager gets information about who might be their wolf partner, that would just be randomized? Also, unfortunately I'll probably have to drop this when I get home today. I did really want to play but it didn't fill in the short amount of time I was able. I'll try to follow along anyway though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
...---...
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
10 of 11. Time to hit up Colby Parsons since they haven't been on BGG since March 22nd. Will they come to play?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Who took the Bomp from the Bompalompalomp? Who took the Ram from the Ramalamading dong?
mbmbmbmbmb
Felice Si wrote:
10 of 11. Time to hit up Colby Parsons since they haven't been on BGG since March 22nd. Will they come to play?
I say drop them. They signed up for a couple games, and was replaced out of one that already ran.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [32] |