Hide
6 Posts

Sword & Sorcery» Forums » General

Subject: Best bosses rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eugene
msg tools
I have a quuestion for those who have played through the whole game: which boss battles you found to be most interesting and exciting, and why?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vasilis
Greece
Heraklion Crete
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Siar wrote:
I have a quuestion for those who have played through the whole game: which boss battles you found to be most interesting and exciting, and why?

ACT 2, Lich fight by far.
It was very interesting, you had more things to do beyond spamming attacks to the boss, the whole quest was set up for this fight from the beginning to the end and thematically it definitely felt like a proper lich fight. (avoiding spoilers as best as I can here)

As someone who enjoys difficulty in my co-op games and has been critical of the game's anemic purple rank enemies, this fight was more tactical, more interesting and more challenging than any other Purple boss fight in the whole game.

Honorable mention:
Vastaryous battle. This was also a very impressive fight but it wasn't near the lich's battle level because it was ridiculously easy due to our party being borderline broken at that point of the campaign and could never lose against him. There was no 'fear' of death.

The stakes felt higher during the Lich fight, I don't know if this makes any sense.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eugene
msg tools
Bowmangr wrote:
Siar wrote:

It was very interesting, you had more things to do beyond spamming attacks to the boss, the whole quest was set up for this fight from the beginning to the end and thematically it definitely felt like a proper lich fight. (avoiding spoilers as best as I can here)

As someone who enjoys difficulty in my co-op games and has been critical of the game's anemic purple rank enemies, this fight was more tactical, more interesting and more challenging than any other Purple boss fight in the whole game.

Honorable mention:
Vastaryous battle. This was also a very impressive fight but it wasn't near the lich's battle level because it was ridiculously easy due to our party being borderline broken at that point of the campaign and could never lose against him. There was no 'fear' of death.

The stakes felt higher during the Lich fight, I don't know if this makes any sense.

By "anemic" you mean that all other bosses were very easy/boring, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vasilis
Greece
Heraklion Crete
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Siar wrote:
Bowmangr wrote:
Siar wrote:

Honorable mention:

By "anemic" you mean that all other bosses were very easy/boring, right?

I wouldn't say boring, I like the game. Unfortunately, before S&S there was Galaxy Defenders. In GD, a purple rank enemy was a VERY challenging fight which required coordination, preparation and good tactics from the players. Even if you won, you never felt that it was easy. It felt challenging from the beginning to the end and very rewarding.

S&S purple rank is nowhere near that level of challenge. The quests overall were nice, the presentation of the fight was good but the actual fight was... not that difficult. Notably, I remember 1-2 Red rank fights which were more difficult than some Purple rank fights...... wow

So, boring is a strong word and I can't say that it was boring as I had fun. But I could have MORE fun if the bosses hit like a truck and you had to be prepared and very careful while fighting them.

In general, I think that they were easier than expected. Except the Lich fight. That was epic. meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Kelly
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The only "best" boss is a dead boss.
TK
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krešimir Kovač
Croatia
flag msg tools
Vastaryous.
Hands down.
While Lich was great, we felt like it was to easy. Vastaryous was harder, and because of that more fun. But again, i would like her even harder.
My new run is on quest 3/act 2 atm. So we are going to give them all extra enemy power (randomly changed every time phase).
Hoping for a realy epic fights.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.