United States
Boulder
Colorado
flag msg tools
The things you own end up owning you.
badge
designbyhoot.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I just purchased Viticulture Essential Edition and I'm wondering if it's the latest version of the game? All of the artwork I've seen beforehand includes a wax seal on the front. Just making sure it will have all the latest additions.

Thanks for any input! I swear I haven't consumed any wine... Yet. laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Gray
United Kingdom
Derby
Derbyshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is! According to the Viticulture page on Stonemaier Games’ website, the newest prininting of Viticulture Essential Edition comes without the wax seal
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Miller
United States
Boulder
Colorado
flag msg tools
The things you own end up owning you.
badge
designbyhoot.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you! Now that you point it out, this detail is covered on the website. I’m a visual person so I completely missed it! blush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron
msg tools
Hey...
badge
Down here...
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Just making sure it will have all the latest additions.

What are the latest additions?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are no latest additions--Viticulture Essential has been the official version of Viticulture for 4 years now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris M
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mb
I'm just now sitting down to learn the Essential Editions to Viti and Tusc and only now realized that this Tuscany is not what I thought I was getting. Dice Tower showed a load of expansions in a review and obviously I bought the wrong thing. I'm having to read two rulebooks at once and it would have been nice to use the "legacy" aspect of slowly introducing the expansions piecemeal.I would have purchased the bigger box if I had known.

So these other expansions, I'm guessing, exist separately?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Darcy
Australia
Blue Mountains
New South Wales
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cmmixis wrote:
I'm just now sitting down to learn the Essential Editions to Viti and Tusc and only now realized that this Tuscany is not what I thought I was getting. Dice Tower showed a load of expansions in a review and obviously I bought the wrong thing. I'm having to read two rulebooks at once and it would have been nice to use the "legacy" aspect of slowly introducing the expansions piecemeal.I would have purchased the bigger box if I had known.

So these other expansions, I'm guessing, exist separately?

Without knowing what expansions you are talking about specifically, the following are currently available:
1: Viticulture Essential Edition... The base game
2:Tuscany Essential Edition... The main expansion. Contains several sub expansions.
3: Viticulture: Moor Visitors Expansion Contains extra visitor cards (additional to base set).
Viticulture: Visit from the Rhine Valley... Contains extra visitor cards (replaces base set for a different experience)

In addition, there were a number of additional modules in Tuscany: Expand the World of Viticulture that are no longer available except as PnP. By all accounts they were of lesser quality.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Ataei
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
I didn't see the Dice Tower review you are talking about, but it might have been reviewing the original Tuscany. Some of the original Tuscany was moved into Viti EE. There is a graphic showing what changes have been made.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.