Legendary: A Marvel Deck Building Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Transform question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Inlow
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
So the definition I’ve seen for the Transform mechanic basically states (unless I’m mistaken) to play both versions of the transforming card on the turn it transforms. However, some Transform cards say to put the transformed card in your discard pile or on top of your deck. So in those cases, does that mean I don’t get to play the Transformed version during the same turn in which it transformed? Or do I play both versions, initial and then transformed, on the same turn and then put the transformed version on the top of my deck (or discard, or wherever)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shelley Hebert
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mb
From the rules sheet,
Quote:
When you play a Hero card that says it transforms into another card, you complete all effects on the card you played and get its normal * and ///.

Then remove the transforming card from the game (putting it in the transformation Pile) and put the newly transformed card into your hand instead (from the Transformation Pile). You can play the new Transformed card immediately that same turn.

Some transforming cards tell you to put the new card on top of your deck or in your discard pile instead.

Many of the transforming cards go into your hand. You get an exceptionally good hand once, then just keep the transformed card thereafter.

Others put the transforming card into your discard pile (like you recruited it) or on top of your deck (like Wall-Crawl). If you have the means to draw it, yay! If you have the appropriate X-Gene from the X-men set, yay! But you don't otherwise get to play it this turn.

SH
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin H

Maine
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems the stronger Transform cards they don't want to go into your hand right away because it would be too explosive of a turn.

If the Transform card tells you to specifically put it somewhere, you do that. Otherwise it goes to your hand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Inlow
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
Thanks! I figured that was the case, just wanted to get a consensus going cuz my wife disagrees with my interpretation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.