GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,336 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
14 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: Conquest of the Fallen Lands vs. Return of the Heroes rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrea Jørgensen
Denmark
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I want to buy a new fantasy game and I'm interested in Conquest of the Fallen Lands and Return of the Heroes. But which one should I pick? And are they so different from each other that I 'should' buy both?

Please share your opinions

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Euron Crows Eye
United Kingdom
radcliffe
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi ,

They are totally different Im afraid both are good but Return as more depth and replayability in my view.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Jørgensen
Denmark
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Langy wrote:

They are totally different Im afraid both are good but Return as more depth and replayability in my view.

Really? That's funny - I was trying to convince myself that Fallen has more replayability than Return

Is it games that non-gamers would like to play?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Franklin
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
They sound similar, but are awfully different:

RotH: build up a character, wander around, take on questions, draw tiles from a bag to bring new creatures into the worlds, go to markets to buy things, and defeat the big boss at the end.

CotFL: Buy 'helpers' to deploy troops to take over hexes, which earn you money. It is far more of an abstract game with good choices and flavor art, but once things are played, they don't move around.

In short, if you want to be a questing individual, go with RotH. If you want to be a General allocating resources to generate income while competing against other generals, go with CotFL. Honestly, you cannot go wrong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Jørgensen
Denmark
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
grandslam wrote:
They sound similar, but are awfully different:

Thanks! After that description I'll guess that RofH suits me best

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Jørgensen
Denmark
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hehe! Fortunately I already have some of them... and I'm keeping an eye on the pre-release of Prophecy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.