Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Elliott Harding
United States
Rapid City
South Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For someone who is new to Zombicide and owns all things Zombicide, should I use Rue Morgue as my rule set from the beginning? I ask because it appears some rules have changed from Season 1 to Season 3?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Curtis
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Use the newest rules - so yes...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
QorDaq H'Nter
msg tools
tlhIngan QujwI'
badge
vay' DaneHbogh yIchargh!
mbmbmbmbmb
In my opinion only, it's worth reading all of the rules--they're not all that long--and then deciding what you want to incorporate.

For example, if you plan to play a progression and not mix sets, then use the rules for the core game you are playing, then move on to the next set once you complete a given Season.

That said, most of the changes from Season to Season are additional rules that address a particular new Zed or Tile type, with some bigger changes focusing on major optional things like Zombivors (S2) or PvP (S3).

There are also some new Skills that are introduced as the series progresses.

While Zcide is not a campaign game in it's own right, there is a subtle story that unfolds and we see the nature of the Zeds evolve throughout the larger arch. It's not fleshed out, but it's there.

On the other hand, if you intend to play utilizing everything together, then you'll just need earlier Seasons to reference particular Zed types and the like.

If you're new to the game though, it's probably worth playing each core game vanilla first... Again, in my opinion.

Success to you and your group in figuring out what works best and is the most fun for your playing style. Zcide is nothing if not a flexible sandbox.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Messick
United States
Jacksboro
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designedbyryno.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I agree. Just play them as released. It's not like rules in later releases "fixed" or overrode older releases. It's a nice progression in extra rules over time, and you may appreciate them more as you go.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Quentin Frost
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The thing you do want to do is use the latest list of skills, which were expanded as the game went on, and some promo characters you can buy will use these, beyond the core set you use.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Johnson
United States
Fort Wayne
Indiana
flag msg tools
I just started playing Zombicide also. Where I started was Season 1 with my son over the weekend. My wife and other son joined us and we all love the game, we have played 14 or 15 games in the last 5 days and plan on playing again tonight.

We started with season 1 because I thought it would be a good entry point and we could add new rules as we go. Tonight we are planning on adding season 2 and/or toxic mall. Reading thru these rules I don't see much stuff "changed" lots of stuff added but nothing really changing. Others with more knowledge on the game can speak to the changes but nothing major from what I have seen.

I say start with season 1 because it is were the game started and is pretty easy to follow the rules when starting. Then move up to the season 3 after 10-15 games. Plus if you like the game you are going to want both anyway.

Good luck and enjoy the game.
Stephen
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elliott Harding
United States
Rapid City
South Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope I didn't read through the posts too quickly, but what about the difference between how the zombies spawn as season 3 appears to do it differently then previous seasons?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Lodge
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You'll likely get a few things wrong so it doesn't matter that much. Just enjoy the game. Last time we played we ignored the Manhole spawn, only because we forgot, realised half way through and left it out.

Try and play as close to base as possible. Then add in a few twists.

Take a look Click Me!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Johnson
United States
Fort Wayne
Indiana
flag msg tools
mitchiemasha wrote:
You'll likely get a few things wrong so it doesn't matter that much. Just enjoy the game. Last time we played we ignored the Manhole spawn, only because we forgot, realised half way through and left it out.

Take a look Click Me!

I agree there we did a few things wrong and are adjusting now.

Also those house rules are pretty nice I will share those with my son tonight.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Hoyt
United States
East Liverpool
Ohio
flag msg tools
ボルトン
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mitchiemasha wrote:

Take a look Click Me!

We essentially use the only missed shots at range hit survivors in same zone as well. We try to limit it to desperation moves as it breaks the game balance a little.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.