Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Lum
United States
Castro Valley
California
flag msg tools
I must be dense because it appears that no one has asked these questions yet:

1.) Bickering Zombie Card. I understand that Heroes may do nothing for a turn when this card is played upon them. Does this mean they cannot defend themselves if zombies attack them? The wording on the card throws me a bit.

2.) Fire Axe Hero Card. The Combat Bonus states "Cancel any Zombie Fight: Card.". So that means you only use the weapon to avoid a fight, not do damage with it? Is the "Card" listed in that sentence some sort of typo?

Much obliged gents. LOVE THIS GAME!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thies Kolln
United States
Cedar Rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't have the rules in front of me right now, but here's what I remember:

1. Bickering means heroes can't search, exchange, etc, but doesn't prevent them from defending themselves. It would be way too powerful imo if it could prevent that.

2. Fire Axe cancels Zombie fight cards like "Undead hate the living" or "Urrgh" which give the Zombies extra dice or re-rolls. Doesn't cancel the fight itself -- some of the townsfolk cards have that as an ability.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Lum
United States
Castro Valley
California
flag msg tools
OK thanks Thies. Heroes able to defend themselves while bickering makes sense to me as well, I think the wording on the cards was just a bit off.

The Fire Axe card is the one that still doesn't make sense gamewise. The Axe doesn't list any combat values, so I guess that means being able to cancel zombie fight cards is it's only combat use? I'd like to envision the Heroes laying down some hurt with the axe instead of just using it defensively. It actually breaks fairly easy when used in this manner to boot. Must be a cheap foreign knock off...shake

Please let me know if I'm missing something.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thies Kolln
United States
Cedar Rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In terms of gameplay I think the Fire Axe works OK as I've read it, and it's OK that it breaks easily or it would be super powerful. I had really good luck with it in Jenny's hands due to her special ability. In terms of theme, I agree that a fire axe should be at least as good at dismembering Zombies as, for example, the cleaver. Some more defensive device or a blunt object might be a better name for the card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Szegedi
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Instead of "breaking"... think of the weapon getting lodged in the zombie's neck or back or whatever! (are you going to stick around to try to get it free?)-

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gene
United States
Venice
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Hey! Watch where you point that thing :)
mbmbmbmbmb
holywolfman wrote:
Instead of "breaking"... think of the weapon getting lodged in the zombie's neck or back or whatever! (are you going to stick around to try to get it free?)-

I can see this being in someones next session report

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.