Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Marchlewitz
Canada
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, due to the popularity of the Halo universe, the simplicity of rules, time to play, etc, I am starting a Halo Action Clix club at my school. We'll play after school, one day per week. I bought five boosters and the hunter starter pack for my force, and to introduce the game. I laminated all six maps. The kids will be purchasing the packs from our one and only FLGS.
I've done other Wizkidsgames Clubs in the past...mainly Pirates.
I like the Halo figures for the most part, but I think the Hunters look cheesey. I just read a review here on the geek singing the praises of the minis, and poo-pooing the Star Wars minis. I must say though, that I think the miniatures to Star Wars minis game look better...perhaps it's because of their slightly smaller scale, or their lack of clunky stats dial, but I 've always thought they were prety darn good. The minis to HAC game are growing on me, but they're not quite there yet.
So far the interest is quite high. We had one meeting. Our FLGS is currently out of these packs as I type this, but expect many more soon. We'll start our club once kids have had a chance to buy a few packs.
I'll upload pics when the club starts...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hunter Shelburne
United States
San Marcos
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Check out Weaponsgrade Tabletop on Youtube!
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice! Wish I had had a game club back in High School, wouldn't have had to play Magic in the Bio room during lunch!

This game is a dream to teach, once you learn the ambiguous rules yourself (mainly upgrading and swapping), its great. Hopefully its succesful! I want to get this introduced to as many of my Halo friends as possible (Maybe they will want to join a Sportsclix league too, haha).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.