Popular Tags: [View All]
Zach M
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Alright, it's another 5 episode and I'm hear to answer questions and chew bubble gum and my bubble gum reserve is currently at a critical low.

As usual, he is that quote from adrian about what this episode is about.

That Adrian looking guy wrote:
This post is explicitly so you have plenty of time to ask us whatever random things you want to know about us, our tastes (or lack thereof) in boardgames, video games, booze, activities, shenanigans, and any other random thing y'all can think of. Basically nothing, within reason, is off limits and this will be a super random and off-topic episode, much like the last one was. Have fun and start grilling us!

Please take into account the following links when phrasing questions.

https://www.fluentu.com/blog/english/asking-questions-in-eng...

http://qideas.org/videos/why-do-we-ask-questions

See you in a week and a half or so!

Good night and good luck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Fenerty
United Kingdom
Southport
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello chaps!

Is there a game you would never play because of the theme?

Is there a game you really enjoy playing despite the theme?

I'd be interested to hear what you all have to say on this one.

Cheers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff C
Canada
Calgary
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In a recent (or couple recent) episodes Adrian you’ve been lamenting the lack or quality of medium-heavy or heavier games that have came out recently. Has there really been a lack or do you think it’s more just where you are as a gamer?

I haven’t been in the hobby that long but even I’m getting less and less interested in the new and shiny and have wanted to dive more into games I or my group has played before.

Are any of the more hyped heavier releases (FCM expansion, City of Big Shoulders,...) that should land this year got you hyped at all?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Fry
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What is your ultimate gaming beverage...more specifically do you have one drink, alcoholic or otherwise, that puts you in a gaming frame of mind like no other?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Stewart
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey guys

Who is your favourite person in slack and why is it Ofer?

If you can have any boardgame designer and publisher, create a board game based on your life, who would you choose to make you're game and why? What game mechanics would you include? On a scale of soggy wheatbix to autumn leaves, how crunchy is your game?

Would you rather be stuck in a room with all your favourite games, but the people stuck with you hate boardgames or be stuck in a room with people who love boardgames but you only have original catan and dominion to play?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandre Piquet
France
Strasbourg
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi guys,

Which is your least favourite American city, and why is it Chicago ? Follow up: if you had to move the show to your non-Denver favourite city, what would be the new name of the show ?

Question for Adrian: does a train game requires to feature trains ?

Question for all: is there a game you wouldn't play because of your job (current or past) ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Hillier
United States
Kettering
OH
flag msg tools
WDYPTW Podcast
badge
I am the wurst!
mbmbmbmbmb
Who is your favorite listener named Lance?

Lance

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Bock
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
I like my beer like I like my board games...
mbmbmbmbmb
What is your favorite bean?

What was the first video game you remember playing?

Who stole the cookie from the cookie jar?

What is the best game night snack?

Who’s got the hooch? Baby? Who’s got the only good thing in the world?

Is that how that song goes? I don’t remember that well.

What do you do with your expansion boxes, especially if you can consolidate everything into the main box?

What is your least favorite bean?

You are only allowed to keep one game per letter of the alphabet – which letter will be the hardest to narrow down?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Taylor Dayton
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Assuming you can gift an intellectual property to any board game design team, who is your dream team and what game are they designing? What does it go for on Kickstarter and how fast does the hype die after? What future expansion makes your dream team themed game into an unwieldy monstrosity that it gets to be too much to pull it off the shelf?

What Costco or other bulk food purchase trap do you commonly fall into and immediately regret?

What high school incident still makes you cringe inside?

Do you play any instruments? What’s your top piece of gear?

How many pieces of bread is too many in a multi-level sandwich?

When MHGG is inevitably given a musical adapatation, will you play yourselves or just have the actors lip sync over your live recording?

What original slang term will MHGG coin for the board game industry and should we begin overusing it now or are we going for a more subtle, long term approach to mass adaptation of the term?

You have to tattoo a phrase on yourself somewhere always visible. What do you choose?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Simmons
United States
staten island
NY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So Adrian, when the FUCK are you going to play Caylus?
But seriously, what type of shenanigans do you guys usually get into and do you find as you get older its less shenanigans and more hijinx? My hijinx to shenangians ratio is off the charts once I passed 40. Kinda feel like shenanigans is a young man's game, it ain't for the likes of us old folk. So I guess what i'm getting at is any interest in the Caverna expansion or are you guys pretty much done with that game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Simmons
United States
staten island
NY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1 additional question: Zach, what titles are you looking at for when I send another game? (This is D Wyatt on Twitter)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ofer G
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Which cohost would you choose to cuddle for warmth?

What would your dream 18xx Blood Bowl mashup/crossover board game look like?

Adrian: There have been a lot of great Nickelback albums over the years, which one is your favorite? What makes that album really stand out over the others?

Jeff: Now that you've broken your leg and had a pulmonary embolism, what other medical adventures are you planning to tackle in 2019?

Zach: As the least controversial host of MHGG, why?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Boyd
United States
North Richland Hills
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have questions?

- Nature fucked up and you have to choose - 3 hands, 1 foot OR 3 feet, 1 hand?

- Would you rather live to 55 or 110? You’d be healthy for the age most of those years.

- The world is on the brink of Nuclear War that will end humanity and our only negotiator to keep the peace is Paul. What are our odds?

- you find a genie but he’s a bit limited. Your choices are he can help you either a) snowboard at almost a professional level, b) master a new language, or c) master a musical instrument of your choice. Which do you choose?

- Jeff & Zach - in the future you both die and reincarnate as puppies that get adopted by Adrian and Paul, but you retain your human consciousness. How would you behave?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandre Piquet
France
Strasbourg
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Someone has written an article claiming that we shouldn't consider Venus as the planet closest to Earth because the orbits, the planets being on the opposite sides of the Sun, etc ... I will clarify my question and this claim when/if I find back the article I saw on Twitter. Anyway, what is your opinion ?

During sport events, a player/team can be penalized for "lack of combativeness". Have you ever/often thought "this player is not actively trying to win" (either in a co-op or competitive boardgame) ? What is your opinion on the subject ?

What is your view on the concept "learn the game A to latter learn the game B" ? Do you think it's a good idea to make the effort to learn a 1st game in the sole purpose of having less to learn when learning an other game ? Or do you think it's better to directly learn the game that really interest you, and maybe ask the teacher to have a couple of very open plays ?
For example Ascension to learn a "trade row deck-builder", Dominion to learn a "market deck-builder", Stoneage to learn a worker placement game, or 1889/18Chesapeake to learn a complex 18xx.

I have read a few really weird and f*cked up stories about a gamer finding a relative destroying his/her boardgames/RPG books because "it's a demonic activity, I'm trying to save your soul". Have you ever heard/seen something of this kind (even if less extreme) first hand or only "the man who has seen the man ... who has seen the bear" ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe R
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
Jeff, have you tried Blood Bowl Team Manager or Blitz Bowl? If so what did you think, if not, do you have any interest in either?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls