Popular Tags: [View All]
Adam Rees
United Kingdom
Rowlands Castle
Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I get an error message when I try to run the the TS module in Vassal. It seems to appear at random times. I don't get this error with other games on Vassal. The error says:

Untrapped error has occurred
Nosuchmethod error

Has anyone else run into this when playing TS on Vassal / know what to do about it?

Sorry if this is the wrong place to mention this, but I can't find a Vassal Forum.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Luub
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know what the problem is, but I've found that I get a lot of errors if I try to run Vassal 3.0 with modules that aren't specifically designed for it. If you're using 3.0, try using 2.9 instead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan H
France
Paris
Ile de France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
yes, the module does not work with vassal 3. Use 2.9 with the manual installer.
Version 2.5 of the module is under developement and ... it rocks ! It will be fully compatible with vassal 3.0.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Rees
United Kingdom
Rowlands Castle
Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the info. Is the beta module compatible?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Smith
Australia
Footscray
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmb
I'm not a fan of the TS Vassal module design, there's too much implemented. It can sometimes become confusing as to what is going to happen automatically and what still needs to be done manually. Not to mention it's a memory hog too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan H
France
Paris
Ile de France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Iorwerth wrote:
Thanks for the info. Is the beta module compatible?

beta module 2.4 is fully playable with vassal 2.9.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan H
France
Paris
Ile de France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
b5mith wrote:
I'm not a fan of the TS Vassal module design, there's too much implemented.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Smith
Australia
Footscray
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmb
Well, you know what I mean lol Influence will automatically be placed when you play a card etc. And for some reason, on my 1Gb machine it chugs big-time. Just my personal experience!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan H
France
Paris
Ile de France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
b5mith wrote:
Well, you know what I mean lol Influence will automatically be placed when you play a card etc. And for some reason, on my 1Gb machine it chugs big-time. Just my personal experience!

really sorry for you. There are a few bugs, it is true, but it is sooo cool to be able to play online (and I never encountered any memory issue). I have around 20 games, 90 % on vassal, most with a friend in Belgium I can barely see 3 times a year. You have to be careful when you play, but now, playing "for real" is a pain when I see all the stuff I have to manage manually
Version 2.5 is really impressive (I'm one of the beta testers). When finished, I think it will be one of the best vassal module ever. ninja

I one day you want to give a try ... let me know devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Massey
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was having the same problem, but I updated Java to the latest version and that has reduced the error messages to one per session. Just click on 'Do not show message again' and you can carry on - the errors don't seem to affect play. You do have to watch the Mil Ops in the 2.4 Beta - it doesn't seem to calculate them correctly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Rees
United Kingdom
Rowlands Castle
Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the replies. Is it worth playing the beta version or is it better to play the official one? What is the difference between them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan H
France
Paris
Ile de France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
version 2.4 is worth playing.
Version 2.5 uses vassal 3. It enables solo play (for training, testing, whatever), tons of things will be automated (drawing will be faster, more cards programmed, auto discard when ending phase, auto tour ending ... some other cool stuffs are on their way).
I don't think it will be released soon, so go for 2.4

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.