United States
Pleasant Hill
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Designer of Tournament Fishing
mbmbmbmbmb
Normally I respect people's opinion, however there are occasions where I struggle with doing so. Do you?

I noticed that the rating for Tournament Fishing went to a 7.5 and so I looked to see who rated it.

John R
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools

Has this to say about the game:

Quote:
Go Fish! contains more strategy than this

Along with a rating of 2 and status of "Prev. Owned".

I messaged the user but, not only is it impossible for them to have previously owned the game, it is also objectively false that Go Fish! has more strategy, haha!

I guess I should learn to accept that this kind of stuff goes on with the ratings, but it also chaps my hide a little to see it done (on the receiving end this time).

Anyhow, as more and more of you get your games next month, I am sure that these false ratings will even out
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sky Zero
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd ignore it and move on. I typically ignore these ratings on BGG and rely on gameplay walkthroughs, reading the instruction manual, etc... to form my own opinion. Let the public speak to the game once it arrives early May!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Sixer
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tyk567 wrote:
Normally I respect people's opinion, however there are occasions where I struggle with doing so. Do you?

I noticed that the rating for Tournament Fishing went to a 7.5 and so I looked to see who rated it.

John R
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools

Has this to say about the game:

Quote:
Go Fish! contains more strategy than this

Along with a rating of 2 and status of "Prev. Owned".

I messaged the user but, not only is it impossible for them to have previously owned the game, it is also objectively false that Go Fish! has more strategy, haha!

I guess I should learn to accept that this kind of stuff goes on with the ratings, but it also chaps my hide a little to see it done (on the receiving end this time).

Anyhow, as more and more of you get your games next month, I am sure that these false ratings will even out

You could package a $20 in each game and you would get at least one person complain that it was not "crisp" enough.

Ignore these trolls, it just comes with the territory.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Halifax
msg tools
mbmbmb
Hey, some of us are more likely to buy with the lower rating - as I've found some of my gems have the worst ratings on BGG

Like Sky said, actually interested people will go by walkthroughs for prepurchase info.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.