4 Posts

Betrayal Legacy» Forums » Rules

Subject: Meeting Characters *SPOILERS* rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ayl Or
msg tools
mbmb
Hi, We just played our 3rd session and we were given the inhabitants.
I know its minor, but on top of the card text, it saids once you "meet" the person you should read a certain text on the card in the bleak journal.

In my understanding is that when you explored and enter the tile that has the inhabitant, that you meet them and read the bleak journal.

The others in my group stated that its when you do the actions with them (talk.etc) that you read the bleak journal, which doesnt' sound like you "meet" them cause you already doing an action.

What is the official way without spoiling the rest of the chapters?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mazetouched Adherent
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mindlessmaniac wrote:
Hi, We just played our 3rd session and we were given the inhabitants.
I know its minor, but on top of the card text, it saids once you "meet" the person you should read a certain text on the card in the bleak journal.

In my understanding is that when you explored and enter the tile that has the inhabitant, that you meet them and read the bleak journal.

The others in my group stated that its when you do the actions with them (talk.etc) that you read the bleak journal, which doesnt' sound like you "meet" them cause you already doing an action.

What is the official way without spoiling the rest of the chapters?

When they are revealed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Townsend
msg tools
The character cards specifically say 'when you FIRST meet' turn to entry etc....

So, the first ever time you reveal a tile with inhabitant icon, you turn the card over, read the entry, give them a name and place the token on the tile. Whenever you reveal a tile with that characters same icon, you just move them to that tile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Salch
United States
Bristol
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also the text that states when you reveal a tile with the icon of the inhabitant do XYZ. You do XYZ when you first discover the inhabitant.

At first we were playing this wrong.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls