Popular Tags: [View All]
Joe Grundy
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When editing existing comments/entries on BGG, it'd be helpful if any existing "<" and "non breaking space" characters are presented in the edit box as "&lt;" and "&nbsp;" rather than as the "<" character or a space.

Certainly you can enter those codes and they work. Since entering non-breaking space works correctly when reading the result, I assume the "&nbsp;" code is stored on BGG, not just a space character.

As it stands, if you use those codes and Preview or later Edit your post, the explicit coding is lost. In the case of "<" this means your post may be truncated when you resubmit. In the case of non-breaking spaces, they're replaced with ordinary spaces and you've lost your explicit spacing.

The current work around when previewing is to Copy the text from the edit box and Paste it back after Preview and before continuing to edit. (Which I forgot to do once here and had to @#$%&* manually fix up all my "<" characters again.)

There is no workaround for re-editing an existing post.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oh you seekers of the new who run terrified from history into the clutches of an eternal life where no electric shaver can be built to last.
United States
Riva
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
    I create all of my reviews in wordpad, including the codes for spacing, character sizing, etc. Select-All, Cut-and-Paste, Preview, Edit. Repeat a few dozen times and you have a review. It's not optimal.

It would be nice if a space remained as a space, so that I could indent my paragraphs. That change alone would be valuable.

Unfortunately, this seems to be business as usual in pretty much every user-content driven web site I've encountered.

Sag.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
Before terraforming Mars, Surviving Mars is required: Paradox Interactive; Steam.
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the options are (1) HTML, which compresses spaces and reformats as it "thinks" best or (2) use the Code button or [ c ] [ /c ], which doesn't mangle spaces but uses a fixed-width font and doesn't wordwrap.

Getting away from HTML would probably mean developing an entire editor, instead of the one in browsers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.