Subject: Subscription page problem rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matteo Perlini
Italy
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I can see the subscription notification (with the number), but when i click on it, I access to the subscription page and the page is empty.

Now the only way to go to a subscribed item is blindly clicking on "Next New Item".

I never had this problem and it was working fine until yesterday.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
As usual, when something seems broken, look in the Bugs forum for info.

Subscription notification, but list is empty
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matteo Perlini
Italy
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You are right, Russ. I didn't notice that forum.

Thank you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Northampton
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
russ wrote:

Subscription notification, but list is empty
Our first instinct when faced with a problem isn’t to look for a solution, but rather to complain about it. Haven’t you met any humans before?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Dempster
Germany
Frankfurt
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thunkd wrote:
Our first instinct when faced with a problem isn’t to look for a solution, but rather to complain about it. Haven’t you met any humans before?

It worked though, he got the answer he was looking for in the space of 12 minutes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Dempster
Germany
Frankfurt
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
russ wrote:

"As usual" for those of us subscribed to the Complaints forum. For people wandering in off the front page its new information, else they wouldn't have posted here in the first place.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Northampton
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
magnus_eisengrim wrote:
Thunkd wrote:

It worked though, he got the answer he was looking for in the space of 12 minutes.

Just because something will work doesn't mean it is what you should do.

If I'm out after a late night on the town drinking and I'm looking for a bathroom, I could try opening random apartment doors along the street until I find something open and urinate in their front hallway. It'll "work"... but nobody thinks that's a good idea. And the people who live there would get very annoyed if it happened on a frequent basis.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
magnus_eisengrim wrote:
russ wrote:

"As usual" for those of us subscribed to the Complaints forum. For people wandering in off the front page its new information, else they wouldn't have posted here in the first place.

"As usual" in the sense that as usual, it is a good idea to look in the Bugs forum for more info about an obvious bug.

I.e. whether or not someone already knew that for a long time, or only became aware of it thanks to my mentioning it, it is usually a good thing to do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matteo Perlini
Italy
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Bryan,

I looked for a forum for technical problems, but I could not find it (I don't know why, but I didn't think to search it in the "BoardGameGeek Related" section). So, without such forum, I thought this forum might have been acceptable.

And that's the story of the origin of thread...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Northampton
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
epicurus wrote:
I looked for a forum for technical problems, but I could not find it (I don't know why, but I didn't think to search it in the "BoardGameGeek Related" section). So, without such forum, I thought this forum might have been acceptable.
Totally understandable. But I'm still going to mock you for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matteo Perlini
Italy
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thunkd wrote:
epicurus wrote:
Totally understandable. But I'm still going to mock you for it.

Totally legit and fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve C
United States
West
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
magnus_eisengrim wrote:
Thunkd wrote:

Two relevant cases:

Codeless Code: FAQ usage

tldr:
Spoiler (click to reveal)
"I assembled all available wisdom on the subject, which I now share with you.”

The monk looked at the pile littering his desk. “I do not have time to sift through all this. Can you not simply tell me what I most need to know?”

Codeless Code: Getting Help

tldr:
Spoiler (click to reveal)
"I have begged for help in online forums—not a single reply have I received.”

Yishi-Shing said: “Show me this ‘begging for help’.”

The monk opened his laptop and indicated his many polite pleas for assistance. Indeed, all were unanswered.
The master took the laptop from the monk’s hands and cross-posted the following to a dozen message boards:

**WARNING** Thundering Elephant’s 24-terabyte disk arrays CANNOT be mounted under Petulant Penguin kernel 89! No workaround is possible! AVOID THIS SETUP!!!

The monk opened his laptop. “Five separate posters have each called me a blithering idiot and offered a simple solution to my problem, which they claim to have tested on their own systems.”
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.