United States
Hermitage
TN
flag msg tools
It's turtles all the way down.
badge
“Questions are a burden to others; answers a prison for oneself.”
mbmbmbmbmb
After playing a game of this at work, my coworkers wanted to fiddle with the menu card rules. We tried one game where we played with hidden menu cards. You select your target, but you don't reveal it to the other players. That allowed for a little bit of bluffing, but it also took out a large chunk of the mean spirited play of setting up a player to take something he doesn't want.

Another coworker borrowed the game and misplayed the rules on accident. Instead of having to play one hand with each of the five different menu cards, he shuffled the menu cards and gave each player five at random. Then they played with whatever they got as the required five. I don't think it worked out as well, though, because one of the players got three No Soup menu cards. It might work better if every player was given one No Soup card and the normal menu cards were shuffled and delt out, although it might make for a less competitive game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malachi Brown
United States
Hermitage
TN
flag msg tools
It's turtles all the way down.
badge
“Questions are a burden to others; answers a prison for oneself.”
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:Intentional and unintentional variants
Malachi (#38583),
My coworkers have now struck upon the idea of randomizing the five menu cards and then playing from the next random one from the top each hand.

Of course, that just makes the game more random. *sigh*

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.