Gaia Project» Forums » General

Subject: New rank for Gaia rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Xavi
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Slow but steady Gaia Project continues to its rising on the bgg ranking. Scythe has been a tough one, no surprise here as it is an excellent both solo and multiplayer game.
How high do you think Gaia Project will go?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave C
United States
flag msg tools
Eh, I think mechanically the only games in the top that are even in the same league as Gaia that are similar types of games (deep competitive games) are TTA and Twilight Struggle, but I consider Gaia definitely superior to both. I think the bigger challenge is risers like Brass: Birmingham and Twilight Imperium 4e. I suppose it could surpass Star Wars: Rebellion and Twilight Struggle eventually, although I think Terraforming Mars would be extremely difficult to catch, especially as it keeps releasing expansions and increasing popularity will lead it to be viewed overall more favorably.

That being said, I wouldn't take too much stock in the precise ranking. It makes little sense to me why I'd compare Gaia to Gloomhaven or Pandemic Legacy which are fundamentally different types of experiences. It's also pretty clear that games like Star Wars: Rebellion and Terraforming Mars are rated at least as highly for their themes as they are for their actual gameplay. It can be fun speculating, but the exact positioning is a bit meaningless.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Jones
United States
Wilsonville
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PROJ wrote:
It can be fun speculating, but the exact positioning is a bit meaningless.

There is no place for this kind of rational logic on the internet. Get out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
flag msg tools
I’m really an okay guy.
mbmbmbmbmb
We need a “Terraforming Gaia” expansion to allow cross-over between Gaia Project and Terraforming Mars. Then release numerous expansions of dubious component quality and the Top-3 will be within reach.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Space Trucker
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Carter_Burke wrote:
We need a “Terraforming Gaia” expansion to allow cross-over between Gaia Project and Terraforming Mars. (...)

Someone throwing meteors at my Gaia Project federations? shake No thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.