United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's become a bit of a tradition for me to tip my cap to games as they pass Scythe in the Top 10. Terraforming Mars, Gloomhaven...and now Gaia Project.

As a huge fan of Terra Mystica, I was incredibly excited when I first learned about Gaia Project. That excitement climbed even higher when Morten Monrad Pedersen (who works part-time for Stonemaier Games and full time on his company, Automa Factory) mentioned that he had been approached midway through the development of Gaia Project to design the solo mode. It seemed like an incredible opportunity for him, and I encouraged him to say yes.

The manufacturer I work with, Panda, is the manufacturer of Gaia Project, so I was excited for them too. And the publisher of the game, Feuerland, is a company with whom I've worked closely for years--they're our primary German partner.

So on many levels, even though this isn't my game or a Stonemaier Games project, I'm thrilled that Gaia Project has done so well. I've enjoyed my plays of it too, and I'll post my "favorite mechanism" video at the end of this post (I filmed and shared it about a year and a half ago).

Congratulations to everyone involved in bringing the game to life, especially designers Jens and Helge. You've been an inspiration to me, and the lessons your games have taught me about asymmetry has had a huge influence on Scythe and my upcoming civilization game. Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Gilborson
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nicely said and very well deserved. One of my absolute favourite games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John McComas
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Played a full count Scythe on Saturday. Playing a full count GP tomorrow...what an embarrassment of gaming riches we players have these days. I will never part with either game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Helge Ostertag
Germany
Hofheim
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
jameystegmaier wrote:

Congratulations to everyone involved in bringing the game to life, especially designers Jens and Helge. You've been an inspiration to me, and the lessons your games have taught me about asymmetry has had a huge influence on Scythe and my upcoming civilization game. Thank you!

Thank you Jamey!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.