Subject: Stonemeier Shout Out rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brendan O'Neill
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Doc... I’m from the future. I came here in a Time Machine that you invented.
mbmbmbmbmb
I subscribe to forums when I purchase a game. I recently bought Viticulture and Tuscany Essential Editions. FANTASTIC game! This was the one that got my wife from "humor you" to "let's play one more".

Now subscribing to the Viticulture forums, I have to say how impressed I am at with the open communication of the Stonemeier team.

Seems like any question or comment that's posted, Jamie, Morten and the others are quick with an answer or follow-up. I don't have the numbers to back it up, but it feels like their presence is higher than some other design and publishing teams that are... incommunicato.

Impressive, guys. Thanks for the great games and being in the middle of the community.

Now, how do I get my wife to drink the Scythe and Wingspan Kool-Aid?...ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Pearson
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I got my wife to play Scythe for the first time this past weekend. Took a while and me having a bad day to guilt her into it. Once she got going she liked it and did really well, scoring 85 points as the Innovative Rusviets!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Brendan! I appreciate that, though I have to say--I was just sharing this with a friend today--I'm fortunate that there are so many generous people who are willing to answer questions about our games. You mentioned "community," and that's the perfect word I'd use to describe it.

Have you tried Between Two Castles of Mad King Ludwig or Wingspan with your wife? They might have the Kool-Aid effect you're looking for.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan O'Neill
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Doc... I’m from the future. I came here in a Time Machine that you invented.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Jamey! Wingspan looks like just the ticket! Keep up the wonderful work!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Buchanan
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
brendanmoneill wrote:

Wingspan should be easy ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francois LC
Canada
St-Bruno-de-Montarville (Near Montreal)
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
WBuchanan wrote:
brendanmoneill wrote:

Wingspan should be easy ...

+1

My wife loved (and still love) Viticulture, and now she also love Wingspan, that we enjoy since we received it back in January. She wasn't too keen on Scythe though (played just once with a friend copy), because of the war-like theme.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Osborn
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Recently got back from extended board game weekend of friends and coworkers. I'd brought Viticulture Essential Edition, first time for all of us to play. It was without a doubt the hit of the "con", with several people definitely picking up their own copy when they got home.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Vallina
United States
Buffalo
NY
flag msg tools
We're Team Rocket, circling Earth all day and night!
badge
To denounce the goodness of truth and love!
mbmbmbmbmb
gotta love SM games!
Viticulture is one of my favorite and I can't get Scythe to the table enough to quench my thirst of it.

I'm not a huge fan of Wingspan. but a lot of people are!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.