Subject: Random Roles Discworld 17er 3 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
Sit tight, but the revolution's years away /I'm losing faith and I'm running low on things to say
mbmbmb
Aumerle wrote:
My favorite thing about this game is that I had the right answer, but for totally the wrong reason since apparently Dubs didn't intentionally clear ortho at all.

That's so ME!

cool
I think it still was pretty much right reason, considering that Dubs claimed Seer and didn't get NKd.

Had she cleared 3 non-wolves, I think it's pretty likely that we'd have killed her. Well, Rhanddom was in wolfchat, so who knows.

If you were coming at it from Dubs' intent, then yeah, probably right for wrong reasons. But overall, I think it's still a very reasonable take to assume when Dubs doesn't get NKd that there are wolves in her clears.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelci
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DMDupree wrote:
Aumerle wrote:
DMDupree wrote:
soblue sorry team good. Just couldn't make up my mind to switch.

Btw don't feel bad. It was a rough game and it's super hard to figure things out halfway through.

One of the reasons why I post so much on the weekends is that during the week I'm mostly playing from work and sometimes that makes it difficult to keep up.

Being able to keep up in real time on the weekends is much easier for me to get good reads on the game vs having to read pages of stuff after the fact. That is hard, and you had to do a bunch of that this game.

Yeah. I'm in the same situation with the new job. I'm a PI now btw, but I guess those skills haven't carried over to WW yet lol.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelci
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
@ DMD: Which of those 4 would you say is most similar to your on the job look?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You Don't Want to Know
msg tools
badge
mb
DMDupree wrote:
Aumerle wrote:
DMDupree wrote:
soblue sorry team good. Just couldn't make up my mind to switch.

Btw don't feel bad. It was a rough game and it's super hard to figure things out halfway through.

One of the reasons why I post so much on the weekends is that during the week I'm mostly playing from work and sometimes that makes it difficult to keep up.

Being able to keep up in real time on the weekends is much easier for me to get good reads on the game vs having to read pages of stuff after the fact. That is hard, and you had to do a bunch of that this game.

Yeah. I'm in the same situation with the new job. I'm a PI now btw, but I guess those skills haven't carried over to WW yet lol.
You wouldn't happen to work with Detective Kit Kat, would you?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You Don't Want to Know
msg tools
badge
mb
(although the first time I saw that I read it as "principal investigator" and didn't make the Magnum connection until Dubs tossed it out there.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien Mitchell
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a question. Did DMD joined this game or was she/he/ze a replacement?

I'm just asking because after I got eliminated, I was paying to Max chat and Dead chat and when I popped into see what was happening and I saw DMD and was like, "When did you get here?"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tanner
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Raven1207 wrote:

I'm just asking because after I got eliminated, I was paying to Max chat and Dead chat and when I popped into see what was happening and I saw DMD and was like, "When did you get here?"

She replaced Rorab.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien Mitchell
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
whirlingdervish wrote:
Raven1207 wrote:

She replaced Rorab.

Ahhh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denise
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DIGGITYDAWGDUBS wrote:
@ DMD: Which of those 4 would you say is most similar to your on the job look?

Lol probably Magnum, but I *feel* more like Pikachu.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelci
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Detective PI Kachu

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
...---...
Canada
flag msg tools
Doesn't everything die at last, and too soon? Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry team good. This loss is completely down to me. We should, could, would have gotten ortho on D2 if I'd just gotten back to thread to claim in time. I got completely bogged down reading and thought I had enough time to be caught up before dusk. Looked at the clock and it was the last minute. No time for me to claim and people to move. soblue I don't recall now, probably didn't think I had enough time to even get the claim in so you'd know for sure that Irina had been the NK N1, in all likelihood (my perspective at the time - but definitely as we know now).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tokah
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
Even when you don't feel it.
badge
Prioritize your own life, or someone will prioritize it for you!
mbmbmbmbmb
Felice Si wrote:
Sorry team good. This loss is completely down to me. We should, could, would have gotten ortho on D2 if I'd just gotten back to thread to claim in time. I got completely bogged down reading and thought I had enough time to be caught up before dusk. Looked at the clock and it was the last minute. No time for me to claim and people to move. soblue I don't recall now, probably didn't think I had enough time to even get the claim in so you'd know for sure that Irina had been the NK N1, in all likelihood (my perspective at the time - but definitely as we know now).

Nah, lots of things went wrong for good. Not on you. =)

Also, your good perspective came through so clearly to me, that I was shocked you were lynchable at all! Every time you posted some snippet, it's what I was thinking.

I'm a little sad this was my last game for ages. Back to back D1 lynches with no WW for at least a month and a half more yet to come is a long time!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
...---...
Canada
flag msg tools
Doesn't everything die at last, and too soon? Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry I didn't do anything to help you at dusk on D1. I really only had the one read, Jedit, through the day and then Irina at the end of D1. No matter what anyone says I think that D2 was pivotal for us and I will continue to feel that I lost the game for us.

I hope you'll be doing something else fun in your WW hiatus! Hurry back!heart

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You Don't Want to Know
msg tools
badge
mb
Tok, Felice, I get how you're feeling, I think; but try not to take it like it's all on you. I still don't really understand why you got lynched. If I'd been more present towards the end of D1/D2 I probably would have railed against it. devil It was a hard-fought game on both sides and I'm looking forward to rematches when time permits. Best regards!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tokah
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
Even when you don't feel it.
badge
Prioritize your own life, or someone will prioritize it for you!
mbmbmbmbmb
No worries on that point, on Weds I board a set of flights for a full 6 weeks with Doppio in Australia, the longest time we will have ever spent in the same place. She got time off, too, so aside from putting out an occasional work fire, we really get to spend that time together. heart

We talked about WWing during the time, but even games theoretically scheduled on Aussie-friendly times have the problems of mismatched weekend days and just a general lack of people in the present to interact with during the Australian daytime. People still play them like normal lynch games, more often than not, and it didn't make a ton of sense to have to avoid each other, timewarping with no one to talk to in separate rooms.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
...---...
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fabulous! Have a wonderful time Tok and Dopp! Hey, we could always schedule a fast niner for one day in the middle of your trip to give you a shot of WW to keep you going.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien Mitchell
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Question, when are we going to be able to see the other chats? Throughout the game the game I was only really focused on Dead Chat and Maxes chat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien Mitchell
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thankies Momo and Smugs heart

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Day (she/her)
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I may or may not be a Wolf, but I'm definitely wolfing
badge
I am a cloud
mbmbmbmbmb
Amendments and things in bold. Still not really well enough to finish off the story, also realised that God knows what I would have done after Paper died

Please can you look through the new info below to see if there's anything that isn't clear?

Smugs wrote:
Basic structure of the game
17 Player, 11-13 Goods, 3-5 Max Evils, 1-3 Auxes. The exact numbers are decided after the characters have been randomised.
Alignment and Max/Aux statuswill, with the exception of Mr Slant, always be revealed on death, role normally will be (see Brutha).
Brutals are mandatory, no order means that the Brutal will hit a member of your team.
If a Vigilante is in play, their kill can be blocked by the BG or Martyr and is a night action, so can be blocked by witches or moved by Nobby. The kill would be spent if this occurs.
Tough characters will not be informed if they lose their Tough.
Any actions that are blocked, targeted at Nanny Ogg, or done by the Bursar will return "No result". This message will only be passed on to players who would be aware that their action had been successful. The NK cannot be blocked.
Players will not be told who their power targeted if they are given a result, they will just be given a result.
Good wins on elimination of all Max Evil. Evil wins when there are as many Max Evil players as non Max Evil players alive. Win conditions checked at Dusk and Dawn.
Mod reserves the right to make any judgement about necessary repercussions based on not posting, late posts, card flipping, OOG shenanigans and unacceptable behaviour. This might range from no action to forced replacement to mod-kill and anything in between. I will try to apply this as fairly and appropriately as I can.
Dusk at 2:30pm, night posting til 3:00pm, night orders due at
3:30pm, Dawn at some point ASAP after that.

Order of actions: Any blocks, Nobby's 'leprechaun', all other night powers except killing powers, killing powers.

Conceit
There are 35 possible characters who can be in the game, so 18 of them will not be. I will randomise which of the characters are in the game, then will decide how best to balance the set from those characters. I will then randomise players to roles. I cannot guarantee an absolutely balanced game because of the inherent nature of randomly selecting 17 roles from 35 that all have powers, but I will be doing my best. Some characters will be guaranteed to be Good if in the game, this will be noted. All other characters can be Good or Evil.

Characters
Lobsang Ludd - A master of controlling time, Lobsang can, once per game, extend the day by 30 minutes. Day order, must be set in mod chat prior to Dusk being called. (This will be announced, if used, at the same time as Dusk would be, so please pause posting at the normal Dusk time til you see an announcement.)

Rincewind - Rincewind is very good at escaping at the very moment danger approaches. If Rincewind is top of the tally at Dusk, the person in second place will be killed. Power will be spent if chosen for kill by Susan, but no kill will occur.

Lord Vetinari - A master politician, Vetinari is, each night from N1, able to command another player's vote for a day.

Archchancellor Ridcully - Mustrum Ridcully is a noted Hunter when Good but is a Brutal Evil.

The Bursar - The Bursar has embraced insanity and misplaced his box of dried frog pills. If he's here, he'll think he's someone else, but will not have their powers. (The player drawing Bursar will be told they are another (random) character, guaranteed to not be in the game.)

Granny Weatherwax - An excellent judge of character, Granny will be a traditional Seer or Sorcerer, random negative on N0.

Nanny Ogg - With her ever potent supply of moonshine scumble, Nanny Ogg will make merry with anyone who tries to do anything to her at night, and the action will have no effect. (This excludes NK and day actions)

Magrat Garlick - A traditional Witch, she is able to choose a target each night from N1 to block. Cannot block the same player on consecutive nights. Cannot block NK.

Tiffany Aching - The inheritor of Granny's role of leader of the witches, Tiff is also a traditional Seer or Sorcerer, random negative on N0.

Rob Anybody - A proud Nac Mac Feegle, Rob is a warrior. Chooses before dusk of D1 to either be Tough or Brutal.

Commander Sam Vimes - The head of the Watch, always knows what side someone is on. Alignment Seer/Sorcerer, random Good on N0.

Captain Carrot - The most pure-hearted man on the Disc. Cannot be lynched, will reveal as Carrot and survive if top of the tally at Dusk. Cannot be Evil.

Sergeant Angua - Being a werewolf has it's adventures, like incredible tracking skills. Angua will always know where someone went at night.

Sergeant Fred Colon - Always stirring something up, Fred is a Troublemaker. If Good, there will be two days with no night in between. If Evil, there will be another night phase immediately following the night the power is used (Goods will get to use powers that don't require a day phase on each night. Any that require a day phase fail on the first night.) This will be announced by the mod if it happens.

Corporal Nobby Nobbs - Another known rogue on the Watch, Nobby has a leprechaun action. If Good, Nobby will move any powers that target his target. If Evil, he will move the power of the person he has targeted. Nobby shifts up or down the alphabetical roster (at the start of the game) by 1 or 2 spaces, as he wishes. Cannot move the NK.

Sergeant Detritus - A troll, he is pretty Tough.

Igor - Igors are incredible surgeons, often saving people from a certain death. A non-repeating Bodyguard. Cannot be Evil.

Mr Slant - Ankh Morpork's premier lawyer, he's also a zombie. Mr Slant will only lose his vote upon death and will continue to be able to post as normal. Alignment is not revealed if 'killed'.

DEATH - Death knows all. A full role Seer or Sorc, Death is not worried about whether you were Good or Evil, he just knows who you are. No N0, gets role name, not alignment.

Susan Sto Helit - Death's granddaughter (it's complicated), Susan largely finds employment as a Governess. She also genetically retains some power over life and death. Can change the lynch target once per game, must have an order in mod chat before Dusk. If targets Rincewind, power will be spent and no kill will occur. If power is used at the same time as Lobsang extends the day, the extension will occur first.

DEATH OF RATS - The Death of Rats is an aspect of Death, not quite as powerful. He can only decide when you die. Vigilante.

Lu-Tze - A humble sweeper, Lu-Tze can get in anywhere. Telepath, chooses a target each day to open a chat with, random N0, will show in chat as Lu-Tze.

Cohen the Barbarian - Cohen is battle-seasoned enough that he can often tilt the battle his way. Once per game, he can choose three people who will be the only candidates available to die the next day. If the town rebels (votes no-lynch), then Cohen will decide who dies. Cannot be overruled by Susan's power. If Cohen is a Max Evil, he MUST choose a Wolf to be one of the three candidates.

Brutha - A Priest. If Brutha is in the game, the game becomes alignment reveal only on his death.

Agnes Nitt - Another Witch, able to block an action each night from N1. Cannot block the same player on consecutive nights. Cannot block NK.

The Librarian - An orang-utan. Can move remarkably quickly to stop people destroying things he loves. Normally books, but, sometimes, people. Martyr. Cannot be Evil.

Ponder Stibbons - A genius wizard with access to a super-computer of sorts, called Hex. Hex is remarkably accurate about the nature of things and so is able to tell whether a statement is true or false. Except when there is a ERROR +++MELON MELON MELON+++ OUT OF CHEESE and Hex gives the wrong answer (would people prefer if this was a no result, rather than false result?. This only happens 10% of the time. If Nobby moves Ponder's action, he will be given no result.

Adora Belle Dearheart - Not quite living up to her name, Adora Belle is a very strong minded woman. Brutal on death. Hunter. Cannot be Evil.

Foul Ole Ron - Ron is a homeless man with a smell that often arrives before him. Because he is out at night, Ron is a Witness to any (and all) night actions on his target, being given the name of any player (not character) that did something. He will only be given the name of the Max Evil who set the kill, if he views a NK. If the Max Evil who set the kill has died before the NK takes place, he will be given the name of a random Max Evil. Sadly, Ron's not entirely clear-headed, so will not know what the actions were.

C.M.O.T Dibbler - Dibbler will turn up and try and sell a sausage to anyone at any time, and that's cutting his own throat. Telepath, chooses a target each day to open a chat with, random N0. Will show in chat as Dibbler.

William De Worde - The editor and publisher of The Ankh Morpork Times. William is a Mason Recruiter. He recruits a character from the Discworld to be a journalist for the Times, if they are in the game, they are added (under character name) to a Mason chat. Random N0 from all roles, so may not have a chat on D1.

Leonard of Quirm - Leonard is the Disc's own renaissance man. Leonard has a number of inventions that he may be able to create to influence how the game goes. Leonard will know what inventions are (potentially) available to him at the start of the game. Starts crafting from N1. Cannot craft and use a previously crafted item on the same night, but can pass the item and craft. Is informed that was not able to craft if blocked during crafting.

Gaspode - Gaspode is a dog. Gaspode is a dog who can talk. Nobody believes in dogs that can talk though. Gaspode can send a 140 character message per night to another player from N1 via the mod.

Moist Von Lipwig - Moist has a remarkable ability to be seen by people just how he wants to be. Will always return a same team/clear view to any view, will view as Moist to Full Role Seer/Sorc.

Feel free to ask any questions.

I'm also proposing two new roles:

Dorfl - A golem. Invulnerable to night kill. Cannot be Evil.

Mort - An apprentice. Mort, if Evil, is a Wolf Cub and will promote to being a Wolf on the death of the first Wolf, or if targeted by the Max Evil NK. Will count as an Aux at the start of the game, and will view as Not Wolf prior to promotion, and on the night they promote, if viewed and NKed at the same time. If Good, will, OPG, be able to choose to inherit the power of any dead Good role, or will automatically inherit Brutha's role if Brutha was killed and Mort has not chosen to inherit another role.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Madeline B
msg tools
No mountains, no valleys
badge
Never argue with idiots; they'll drag you down to their level and then beat you on experience.
mbmbmbmbmb
I would vote for computer failure yielding no result for ponder rather than a flipped view. You could even increase the likelihood of failure in that case.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  143 , 144 , 145 , 146 , 147  |