GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,456 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
17 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Heroscape Master Set: Rise of the Valkyrie» Forums » News

Subject: Heroscape Tournament in Louisville, KY Oct 27th rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John O'Haver
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Pet photographer, that's me.
mbmbmbmbmb
I was down at Pet Shop Comics on Saturday for our regular last Saturday of the month game day and I picked up a flyer about a local Heroscape Tournament. I've quoted a bit from the article on Heroscapers.com.

Quote:
We have a conformation from Rick at Pet Shop Comics that we are good to go on Saturday Oct 27!

DATE: Oct 27
TIME: Set up and registration @ 11am, start @ Noon
Duration: 5 round Swiss (50min rounds) - 500 points - 1 Marvel hero allowed - No customs
Cost: $5 - all entry fees go to prize support (Please bring a prize if you can too!)
1191 Hillview Blvd Suite 4&5
Louisville, KY 40229
502-957-3188
Pet Shop Comics.com

PRIZES:
1 full flocked ROTV Master Set by Jotun
2 20x26 water maps - based on teekay's maps - by Bloodthorn

MAPS:
Soulrazor Canyon PDF
Highways & Dieways PDF

I am working on picking out some maps to play on, but if anybody has any preferences or suggestions feel free to let me know. Rick at the store has just recently started to carry Heroscape and if we have s good turn out it might help HS get a better foothold in our local gaming community. Also the 27th is Pet Shop's "Game Day" where they stay open all night and play every game imaginable, so plan on hanging around after the tourny if you can!

http://www.heroscapers.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=14633
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Smith
United States
Madison
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I got to figure this out.

500pts.

I havent played it in awhile so got to figure out what all the can get you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John O'Haver
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Scott,

I have one of every Unique Hero pack and multiple Common Squad packs through Wave Seven. I bought another Knights Templar and Japanese Common spear & gun squad pack last Saturday. I just took inventory last weekend. That puts me at 399 figures worth 14,265 points. I'm sure I can provide some draftees for your pool.

John
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim O'Neill (Established 1949)
Scotland
Motherwell
Graduate of Barlinnie
flag msg tools
VENI, VIDI, VISA - my reaction on entering my FLGS.
badge
Like a good red wine, I improve with age... and being laid.
mbmbmbmbmb
scribidinus wrote:
Scott,

I have one of every Unique Hero pack and multiple Common Squad packs through Wave Seven. I bought another Knights Templar and Japanese Common spear & gun squad pack last Saturday. I just took inventory last weekend. That puts me at 399 figures worth 14,265 points. I'm sure I can provide some draftees for your pool.

John

John,

I love Heroscape and I just wish there were tournaments like this on our side of the Pond.

However, you worry me in that; I only have three master sets, two each of Forgotten Forest, Orm's return, and Thalenk Tundra along with wave one and a horde of Romans.

I thought I was bad. The only thing that is stopping me getting any more is the difficulty in obtaining them in dear old Blighty.

So is that what I have to look forward to when I grow up? You have my admiration. I use the excuse that I play the game regularly with my two kids aged ten and six. What will happen when they grow up and what excuse do you use?

Regards,

Jim O'Neill
Est. 1949

PS: Where the hell and how do you store them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John O'Haver
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
However, you worry me in that; I only have three master sets, two each of Forgotten Forest, Orm's return, and Thalenk Tundra along with wave one and a horde of Romans.

For me? One Master set, 3 Forgotten Forest, 1 Swarm of the Marro and some additional terrain tiles, less than a full MS, I bought on e-bay.

I like armies with a common theme and something in my nature has me creating TO&Es for the different factions regardless of their viability within a game played with an open draft. You know, all my Undead versus all my Romans and Greeks.

Quote:
I thought I was bad. The only thing that is stopping me getting any more is the difficulty in obtaining them in dear old Blighty.

The thing I don't understand is that the local Wal-marts and TRUs in the big city proper are always two or three waves behind the Wal-MArts and such in the little towns in other counties. Fortunately, my job frequently takes me to these little towns.

Quote:
So is that what I have to look forward to when I grow up? You have my admiration. I use the excuse that I play the game regularly with my two kids aged ten and six. What will happen when they grow up and what excuse do you use?

I live alone. My sons are grown but not board gamers. I need no reasons and make no excuses at this point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Smith
United States
Madison
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
scribidinus wrote:
Scott,

John

How many sets of Vipers do you have? Ive always wanted to do an entire army of Vipers since they were released and I noticed they were common squads.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John O'Haver
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
How many sets of Vipers do you have? Ive always wanted to do an entire army of Vipers since they were released and I noticed they were common squads.

Vipers? Let's see...

1 Venoc Warlord 120 pts.
3 Armoc Viper Squads 65 points each
1 Elite Onyx Viper Squad 100 Pts
3 Venoc Viper Squads 40 points each

535 points of Vipers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.