Subject: "THE ROOT" the mini-expansion PnP+rules rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Max Omnius
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MONSTER PACK 1 - "THE ROOT" The mini expansion

As far away as the little people may remember a strange thing has always haunted the forest
& their nightmares...
they call it, the Root of their fears

file: https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/178556/root-mini-expansio...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hannes Sörensson
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice! Perhaps one of the stand sides should be mirrored?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandre Santos
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting, you could uploada pdf in the files section of the game here on BGG, so that people can follow your progress with this mini-expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Omnius
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hattes wrote:
Nice! Perhaps one of the stand sides should be mirrored?
Updated thanks ^^
More Root cards are under way but feel free to add your feedabacks & suggestions too

AlexFS wrote:
Interesting, you could uploada pdf in the files section of the game here on BGG, so that people can follow your progress with this mini-expansion.
sure

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
uru uru
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

Nice idea with a refreshing mechanism (using dominance).
Could you tell us a bit of the WHY you felt this was needed ?

Does the dominance cards are over or under played in your group ?
What is the wanted /observed effect of your expansion on this ?

Again, thank you for sharing, you made me curious and eager to know more
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Omnius
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Could you tell us a bit of the WHY you felt this was needed ?
As any expansion it is not necessary but brings a different flavor of game, the main motivation here is to bring an element of additional strong indirect interaction between the players, the second criterion being to have a unique monster type creature but with skills varied from one game to another (this avoids having the pitfall of adding a large number of monsters while keeping an interest and therefore a high replayability) i'm more focused for few but interesting monsters,currently The Root is the first creature of a kind of "Monster pack"...

Quote:
Does the dominance cards are over or under played in your group ?
No more and no less,the choice of placing the first dominance card is based on the deeper reflection criterias & tensions: Apart from choosing victory possibilities alone, each player asks the question whether it is currently worth the effort to trigger the appearance of a monster whose effects could turn against you.

Quote:
What is the wanted /observed effect of your expansion on this ?
What is interesting to note is that Root encourages diplomacy between players, this extension forces players to channel a problem subject so that it can sometimes be in contradiction with the diplomacy displayed, it creates a tension and tasty justifications

This nightmare creature, lifts a veil on the myths & legends of this universe, it also brings a visible flesh to the title of the game (Root) and on the gameplay level it poses a constant threat that greatly contributes to the tension and immersion

Although the decision-making process is simple and relatively fast (tap one card), it adds despite all the extra play time & reflection, I recommend it especially for games with a small number of players 2-3 players.

Always glad to answer questions, thanks urukwai

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
uru uru
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Metadna wrote:

Always glad to answer questions, thanks urukwai
Many thanks to you ! I love how Root is made of rules and of lore, the two of them deeply intricated. I read much more "developer diary" on this forum that I have time for actual play, but it is very inspiring.

Long live the Root creature !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls