Popular Tags: [View All]
Mario Aguila
Chile
Puerto Montt
Chile
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's possible to negotiate everything, like I'll sell you some good in only $100 but only if you buy/sell me something? Or I'll give permission to pass through my hex if you sell/buy me something? (I know, it's not mandatory)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Lundström
Sweden
Täby
flag msg tools
Now who are these five?
badge
Come, come, all children who love fairy tales.
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think so. The order is buy - move - fight - land - trade. Which means you can't trade in the middle of the movement phase. Promises for later on in the game is naturally OK.

What WOULD be possible is that you say "If you don't attack me, I'll sell you a gold for [whatever]". But you can't make such a promise for wanting to pass THROUGH the opponent's space, for above reasons.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario Aguila
Chile
Puerto Montt
Chile
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The question is: It is possible to negotiate in the middle of a phase what will happen in another phase?
Legally it is not obligatory to fulfill the agreements, but probably the players will fulfill them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Low
United States
Mansfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In general, I find some people believe that the absence of a rule that says you can talk means you can't, while others believe the opposite.

I am inclined to believe that Serenissima's rules are written in such a way as to presume that talking occurs. Why would the rules make it clear that before the fact agreements are non-binding if talking were not allowed? With that in mind, I DO believe that you can talk at any point in Serenissima.

-Greg

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Lundström
Sweden
Täby
flag msg tools
Now who are these five?
badge
Come, come, all children who love fairy tales.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'v read it so that you cn negotiate on anything, even what happens in other phases. Even like "if you let me pass, I will sail this other ship to YOUR port instead of HIS port" or "if I can't pass, I'll attack your port!" etcetera. Can't see any reason why not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.