Popular Tags: [View All]
Swood
United States
Stamford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Rotten Bodies" is one of the few Zombie cards that can help the Heroes, but it comes with a catch. It's a "Play Immediately" card that instantly removes D6 Zombies from the board. However, "until the start of the next Zombie Turn, no Zombie may be killed in any way."

That last part is obviously the trade-off for the ZP in order to lessen the impact of losing upwards of 6 Zombies. But how does it work with respect to Zombie Heroes? Most Zombies are killed with a single Hit, so does a Zombie Hero take a Wound while Rotten Bodies is in effect?

We played "Yes", Zombie Heroes do still take wounds as normal, but they just don't take the final killing wound if it would have been delivered. So with "Rotten Zombies" on the table Zombie Heroes are sort of "less powerful" than normal Zombies.

Just an observation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Hill
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmb

You are playing it correct! Zombie Heroes do still take wounds, they just can't take their last wound while Rotten Bodies is in effect.

- Jason

Jason C. Hill
Flying Frog Productions

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Pike
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've actually found rotten bodies to be helpful to the zombie player on occasion. In one game, I had a horde of zombies in one corner of the board, that had just taken out two heroes. The other two heroes were on the other side of the board. I dropped six zombies that were the farthest from the heroes and that made it easier to re-spawn closer to the heroes. I suppose it could just as easily hurt the zombie player, but at least in certain situations it can help.zombie

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.