Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
was once a plant in a fruit plot
mbmbmbmbmb
Good to know that the people who make some of the finest board games in the world can also play a little Futbol. Three cheers for the German team and one of my favorite players in any sport, Birgit Prinz! Today's match was very satisfying. (Sorry Brasil. Better luck in next year Olympics.)

Plus, the older I get the more I find myself enjoying the game I grew up with: soccer or futbol. I will have to find out how my hometown team is doing, Odessa's Chernomoretz.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clinton Smith
United States
Port Arthur
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Russians never seem to be much of a factor in the World Cup. At least, that's the impression that I get. Assuming that I am right, does that surprise you? (Not surprised that I'm right-- surprised that the Russians are not much of a factor in the World Cup.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Virre Linwendil Annergård
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
Forza Bajen!
badge
... and still sober
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't talk about it... Gah... (Sweden did not do well, did awfully acctualy)... But where does those starts play (;

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
was once a plant in a fruit plot
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I am surprised with all the money spent on other sports federations that a Russian team is never seen. I was born in Odessa, BTW, which is a Russian enclave in the middle of the Ukraine.
Back in my day, though, the national team was the Red Army team called the Dynamo. They were the best team in the USSR. The second best team was the Moscow team, Spartak (Spartacus). It was a form of protest to root against them; one of the few allowed, though I am sure the government twits did not realize it. Still, it built within me a love of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.