2x Inns & Cathedrals 18 = 36
2x Traders & Builders 24 = 48
1x King & Scout 5 = 5
1x Die Katharer 4 = 4
2x Princess & Dragon 30 = 60
2x The River II 12 = 24
1x The Tower 18 = 18
1x The Mini Expansion 12 = 12

Subtract the 7 extra river start/end tiles and the total is 368 tiles!

To get the game going, we started by laying out the river tiles in a large H shape. Renee and Ludi lead the early scoring with a large joint city. Other cities quickly followed with all of us keeping pace. Play was quite friendly with very little in the way of offensive tile placements and few attacks with the Princess, Tower, and Katharer tiles. A highlight was the two 20+ point roads.

As the end approached everyone realized that Ludi was the only person with farmers. Quickly we scrambled claim our own farms and to sneak into her uber-farm. However Renee had built up a substantial lead with joint cities with a few partners.

Three hours of play later, the game came down to Renee's last tile, would it link her farmer into the uber-farm or not? Yes, her last tile was exactly what she needed to join-in and keep that farm from erasing her lead. The final score tallied up with Renee winning at 432 points and a 50 point lead over second place.

We decided on a new house rule during this game; the dragon can be "captured" by a tower placement, but the next volcano placement frees him back onto the board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That is an interesting house rule. I would like to try it since my wife prefers to avoid confrontations. How well would you say it worked?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Wedel
Canada
Abbotsford
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's exactly our situation. The guys like the dragon and the wives would rather play without it. This house rule made a nice compromise; the dragon got to play, but it was not on the board for the entire game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I will not rest until Biblios is in the Top 100. - Steve Oksienik
United States
Howell
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Well I been watchin' while you been coughin, I've been drinking life while you've been nauseous, and so I drink to health while you kill yourself and I got just one thing that I can offer... Go on and save yourself and take it out on me
mbmbmbmbmb
I love Carcassonne more than most people but I think you're crazy. How long did that take? 4-player game correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Morgan
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
stormseeker75 wrote:
I love Carcassonne more than most people but I think you're crazy. How long did that take? 4-player game correct?

jwedel wrote:
To get the game going, we started by laying out the river tiles in a large H shape...
...Three hours of play later

I am guessing that the game was a little more than 3 hours.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patricia Fedak
United States
Fort Wayne
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That sounds like fun!! I would have put in more than one tower set personally.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Wedel
Canada
Abbotsford
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It did take just a bit over three hours.

We do have another house rule that speeds up play:
Players are allowed to pull their tile before their turn, this lets us plan our tile placements before our turns come up. We just have to be careful not to let the tile we are holding influence our suggestions to other players.

Here's a pic of the result:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.