4 Posts

Anachronism» Forums » General

Subject: Other deals like this? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Hahn Arama
United States
flag msg tools
I had a guide, a Bedouin man, who called me 'Abu el Banat'. And whenever we'd meet another Bedouin, he'd introduce me as Abu el Banat. And the Bedouin would laugh and laugh and offer me a pint of beer. (cont below)
badge
And I'd go to pay them for the beer and they wouldn't let me. "Abu el Banat" means "Father of daughters." They thought the beer was the least they could do.
mbmbmbmbmb
I was at a local Con last weekend and I paid $1 for the following

Question are these 3 sets enough to play the game?

if not where can I find a deals?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lou Lessing
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That'll be enough to get started and see if you like it. A deck in this game is just a warrior and four support cards, so there's two decks (albeit usually pretty terrible ones) in each of those boxes.

For $1 that's a great deal.

http://www.wholesalegaming.com/anachronism/

This is the best reliable deal on more cards if you want some.

There were 7 sets of Anachronism with 20 warriors in each set. There are 5 warriors in each of 4 cultures in each set. Each warrior comes with 4 support cards -- a weapon, an armor, an inspiration, and a special.

-16 warriors were in regular warrior packs (That link has sets of these for sets 1, 2, 4, and 6.)
-2 were in the starter pack. (You have 5, 6, and 7, that link also has 2 and 3)
-The last 2 were only available by mailing in box codes for all the other packs in the set, and consequentially are pretty rare. Set 1 had a convention giveaway pack instead of a mail in promo and consequentially are much more common. (That link has none of these.)

Fortunately, all these packs were non-randomized. If you bought the 16 warrior packs, the starter set, and sent off for the mail-in warriors you'd have one copy of each of the 100 (non P-promo) cards in the set.

There were also 60 promo cards that were never in packs whose numbers begin with a P, some of those are pretty easy to find given their obscurity, some are basically impossible. (That link has none of these either.)

If you get really into it and want to complete your collection, I think I've got a 16-box for set 3 I could sell. Set 5 and especially set 7 are tough but you can find em on ebay occasionally. That's also your best shot for P-promos and mail in packs. There's also a facebook group called Anachronism Alive which can be a good place to find stuff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt H
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's a good deal, usually a starter is about three dollars.

I'm interested in buying sets other than set 2, at any price under Hills' $18. I got my current stuff 66% off and am waiting for some other stuff to rotate into their deals.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lou Lessing
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't think I've seen anything cheaper than hill's $18 for 16 warriors, except maybe for yard sale deals on random packs like OP has. That's a very good price.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls