Subject: Quests and events? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Felix Chou
Taiwan
New Taipei City
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After browsed all the reviews. I still can't image how this game functions. Can anyone give us some examples of the quest and event? Should I defeat all other hero? or cooperate with them to kill the boss?

Of the games of the same mechanism, I only had played Dungeoneer. Besides the marketing methods, what is the diffence between Runebound and Dungeoneer? Don't tell me they are differnet in the horizon. ???

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ubergeek
United States
Washougal
Washington
flag msg tools
Be Happy in your Game!
badge
I spent 100 Geek Gold and all I got was this lousy overtext message!
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:Quests and events?
fxchou (#38747),
Go to the website and download the rules. They give a pretty good feel of how the game and events/encounters play out in terms of mechanics.

I had Dungeoneer, played twice, and got rid of it. It was too limited in scope for me and the wife (OK, it's a dungeon). It had a great mechanism that balanced your powers nicely against your opponent but the choices were very limited and constrainted to the turn of the card. In Runebound you appear to have more choice of movement and they types of encounters you can take on. Defeating the other hero(s) may be a strategy if they have the Runes you need to win. Otherwise, you have an alternate way of winning by defeating the villian.

I can see how the Runebound game system would even allow a Dungeon expansion complete with its own scenario.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.