1 Posts

Ra» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Slick Session Report - #6 - Ra with a first timer - age 12 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Shane Walsh
South Australia
flag msg tools
My family love Ra and my wife and children aged 11 and 8 do too .
We introduced a 12 year-old friend to the mix and had an enjoyable 5 player game which proceeded so :
The first epoch was painfully short and Kate our guest did best acquiring some Nile tiles and the only flood to arise .
Tahlia (aged 8) picked a good spread of monuments and I got a lead in the Pharoahs . My wife (Lynley) didn't win a bid and went south to the tune of 7 points .
The second epoch was much more open but again Tahlia added some monuments whilst Kate and I accumulated Nile tiles which we both boosted with the Flood tiles .
Lynley bid early to get some points but did not get much for her efforts .
My Pharoah collection increased again and on that basis I feel that I finally achieved victory .
The final epoch was also unusual as nearly everyone bid early leaving Lynley alone to snare the remaining tiles with 5 Ra tiles yet to surface . Three of the Ra tiles came in quick succession but Lynley managed to pick up a fist full of tiles which didn't prove enough . Tahlia did well to get all 8 monuments as well as 4 of one of them but it wasn't enough to see her skittle Dad !!

Final scores : Me - 49 , Tahlia - 46 , Kate - 42 , Jacinta (11 year old ) - 41 - Lynley - 39 .

Yes with kids that young you can enjoy the wonderous Ra ....
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.