Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonas Egel
Germany
Solingen
Deutschland
flag msg tools
Hi guys,

I just got 203 vp in a GaiaProject-Game against the automa-bot and Im so exited about it that I got to share it with you.

Bevor that game I never got more than about 160 vps (and mostly Im more about getting 140vps) so I had an absolut blast in the last 3 rounds of the game.
In that game many things went very good for me from beguinnig on. My opponent was the automa-bot playing terrans. Well he was only normal difficulty and did score 105vp in the end, maybe that helped a bit too whistlemodest (I promise from now on I play him at least one difficulty harder. :laugh ) He did expand like crazy but was not giving me much of a fight about the power/qic-actions wich did help for sure.

I took the ambas and started with an academy and a techtile from the 4 quic-action. In the second round I got my first alliance with only two buildings (with the help of that techtile that gives your mainbuildings a 4-power-value cool)
My first research was some steps in orange, later I got terraforming and in the last round I made many steps in navigation and the green tree.
With the cool ambas-abbility I was able to form 4 alliances (+1 bonusalliance-marker from terraforming). In the fourth round I got the specialtech that gives vps for alliances so that did really pay of.
What also really went well I took three of the basictechs that gives you knowledge for having different planettypes. I never thought those were good before that game, but in this game they were really awesome.

I learned a lot from that game and Im really looking forward to play against realplayers/humans the next time.
And maybe one day I have enough time to play in the forum with you guys. (for sure I will).

Greetings to all of you, Gaia Project is awesome!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Linda Chov
China
BEIJING
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome for you! Congrats!

I played a 4p game with Bal Taks a while ago. I played great and won comfortably but was the only heartbroken player at game end when I got 199 points

One day...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Light
Canada
QC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
What also really went well I took three of the basictechs that gives you knowledge for having different planettypes

Congrats with your 200 VP threshold, I haven't reach that many points yet. However, I don't want to be a party pooper, but I think you can only get each basic tech tile only once. Also, the special tech tile that gives VP for confederations triggers at the moment you create them, not for the ones you created before in the game. Did you hold off on your confederations to make them all at the last round?

I'm writing this mostly to be sure I'm playing these rules correctly, so if someone could validate what I say is correct that would be nice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Light
Canada
QC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Also, the special tech tile that gives VP for confederations triggers at the moment you create them, not for the ones you created before in the game.

I'm sorry, I checked the rules and you played it correctly. When you pass, gains 3 VP for each confederation tokens you own.

I checked for the tech tiles though and it specifies that no faction can own more then 1 of each tech tiles, even if covered with a special tech tiles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Spirio
Austria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you only can have each tech tile once, so that’s an error op made.
He took the advanced tile +5VP/Fed which is one time instant VP for what you have at that moment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas Egel
Germany
Solingen
Deutschland
flag msg tools
Jack Spirio wrote:
Yes, you only can have each tech tile once, so that’s an error op made.

Oh, thats bad. At least I know that rule now.blush

Jack Spirio wrote:

He took the advanced tile +5VP/Fed which is one time instant VP for what you have at that moment.

The advanced tile obviouly sais that you get +3VP for every Fed whenever you pass your turn, so im not exactly sure what you are talking about here, to be honest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Van den Broeck
Belgium
Zwijndrecht
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What do you mean by
Quote:
I took the ambas and started with an academy and a techtile from the 4 quic-action.

You mean that you took the techtile where you gain 4 power as an action?
Or you got a techtile with using the 4 QIB action? In this case, how did you manage to gain 4 QIB's in the first round?

Thx for the info.

P

PS: BTW, nice play!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Spirio
Austria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
yonek wrote:

Jack Spirio wrote:

The advanced tile obviouly sais that you get +3VP for every Fed whenever you pass your turn, so im not exactly sure what you are talking about here, to be honest.

Ok, didn’t read good enough
There are 2 Advance Techs which reward Federations
One is PassVP: 3/Fed and one is +5VP/Fed
You didn’t specify exactly which one you took
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas Egel
Germany
Solingen
Deutschland
flag msg tools
Phyriphiry wrote:
What do you mean by
Quote:
I took the ambas and started with an academy and a techtile from the 4 quic-action.

Or you got a techtile with using the 4 QIB action? In this case, how did you manage to gain 4 QIB's in the first round?

Thx for the info.

P

PS: BTW, nice play!!

Hi,

the first qic comes with the setup. the second one comes with the ambas ability to start +1 in navigationtrack. the third one i took from a basic tech tile, when I made my techlab. The fourth i got from the action beneath the academy.
I could even had a fifth and sixth qic if I went for a step in the green techtree and If i did spend 4 power for one.

I hope that did help?!

Btw: Note that this was only possible because the ambas came with an adittional ore-baseincome so I didnt have to convert a qic into an ore to upgrade into an academy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Space Trucker
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Phyriphiry wrote:
What do you mean by
Quote:

That's indeed an economically demanding start, especially as yonek wrote that he started advancing in economy (instead of Terraforming, Navigation or A.I., which would grant extra instant QICs or Ore).

My guess would be that the 1QIC+1Ore basic technology tile played a vital role, possibly also the 1QIC+2Coins Booster or the QIC Academy.

1 Academy from the scratch needs 11 Ore and 14 Credits, the 4QIC Actions obviously 4 QIC.
With 8 starting Ore as Ambas there's 3 Ore missing, starting credits are sufficient, with 2 starting QICs 2 more are missing for the action. 3 Ore could ideally be the abovementioned tech tile and the 2 Ore power action, the 2 additional QICs could be the tech tile and either Booster or QIC academy action.

edit: too slow ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Van den Broeck
Belgium
Zwijndrecht
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
The fourth i got from the action beneath the academy.

All righty, I have been playing it wrong then. I thought all buildings should be built starting from the left.

I just reread the rules and indeed only TS and RL should be built from left to right. For other buildings you can choose...

Thx for the clarification.

P

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Spirio
Austria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Phyriphiry wrote:
Quote:
The fourth i got from the action beneath the academy.

All righty, I have been playing it wrong then. I thought all buildings should be built starting from the left.

I just reread the rules and indeed only TS and RL should be built from left to right. For other buildings you can choose...

Thx for the clarification.

P

Only Academies can be build in any order (you can see that they are parted on the board)
Mines need also to build from left to right
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.